VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Tie Rod and drag link replacement

AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 748
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Tie Rod and drag link replacement Empty Tie Rod and drag link replacement

Post by AzDon Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:19 pm

I've participated in a discussion about building an adjustable drag link here (I think) and I also was commenting on tie-rod replacement on the FB site (which I can't find now)

So I went through my notes on building my drag link (assembled and good to go) and I did the research to replace the Tie-rod on my g108....

For the drag link, The ends are Moog es358l and es358r..... I got the 17" threaded tube from Summit and it is an afco part #afc 36187..... For Jam nuts, I went to my local specialty nut and bolt store and got two 5/8"x18 nuts (left and right)

The tie-rod's ends are Moog es350L and es370R...which also have 5/8x18 shaft threads.... You can get a 40" pre-threaded Chrome-moly tube from Speedway:

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/4130-Chromoly-Tie-Rod-Tube-5-8-Inch-Thread,2129.html?sku=910353-42-PLN

and left and right jam nuts from a nut and bolt source...….

Hopefully, this will be searchable for the next guy that needs the info....

Adam K likes this post

kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Tie Rod and drag link replacement Empty Re: Tie Rod and drag link replacement

Post by kookykrispy Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:20 pm

I have a spare tie rod and a spare drag link, both good condition, if anyone needs them, shoot me a PM
    AzDon
    AzDon

Post by AzDon Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:20 pm

You live in Silver Lakes?..... We are practically neighbors!.... I live in Lake Havasu!
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:29 pm

AzDon wrote:You live in Silver Lakes?..... We are practically neighbors!.... I live in Lake Havasu!

Yes, In Silver Lakes! Not many people have heard of it? You must have been here before?
    AzDon
    AzDon

Post by AzDon Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:03 pm

I've "parsed" the deserts a few times while trucking, but I've never had a reason to stop in Silver Lakes.... Closest I've been is on rt66 between Victorville and Barstow...
    AzDon
    AzDon

Post by AzDon Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:00 pm

I priced these parts out today because I'm selling some of these pieces that I changed out during the creation of my cross-steer setup and I want to set fair prices....

Currently, the 17 inch Afco drag-link tube is $21, the rod ends are about $16 each and the jam nuts about $10, so you could build a drag link with new stuff for under $70 (plus shipping)

The Chromoly Tie rod tube is currently $47 at speedway and the jam nuts are about $10....

I'm selling the drag link tube with one end (the left threaded one) and two jam nuts for $45 plus shipping....

I'm also selling my chromoly tie rod tube with two jam nuts and I will include a clamp-on bracket for one end of a stabilizer shock that is a superior copy of the same part I've seen for over $50 by itself ...  $60 for the tube, jam nuts and stabilizer bracket...
    Here is a picture of the replacement bracket I made in the same way, but for the smaller diameter tube of my new tie-rod....

Tie Rod and drag link replacement Damper11

Tie Rod and drag link replacement Used_t10

fperez1975
    fperez1975

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2016-12-16

Post by fperez1975 Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:11 pm

I can definitely use them.. how much for all?
    AzDon
    AzDon

Post by AzDon Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:47 pm

Sent a PM
    AzDon
    AzDon

Post by AzDon Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:36 pm

This stuff is still available....
    Lowering price to $60 plus shipping...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:58 pm