VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Roof Rack Choices - '95 GMC Rally Wagon

seanseckler
    seanseckler

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2019-07-01

Roof Rack Choices - '95 GMC Rally Wagon Empty Roof Rack Choices - '95 GMC Rally Wagon

Post by seanseckler Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:55 pm

First post on here  Cool ...looking for your thoughts/ideas/suggestions on roof racks for my '95 GMC Rally Wagon 2500. I'd like whatever I end up with to be able to hold a kayak or two, a ladder, and I want to be able to mount an awning to the passenger side for camping (like this one).

After a few sessions of looking around on the interwebs, checking sites for compatibility, and going down a lot of dead-ends, the Thule TracRac Van 2-Bar is the one I'm interested in the most.

I'm leaning that way because I would like the rack to have a higher max load than what I'm seeing on some other options (like the Yakima 1A Classic Rain Gutter foot and round bar), and I would like the mounts to have the ability to have additional hardware mounted to them, which it looks like the Thule mounts could take (would like to attach an awning to the passenger side mounts).

Anything better out there? Thanks!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:50 am