VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

1966 Dodge A100 Panel Van - $7500 OBO - Escondido, CA

kick_the_reverb
    kick_the_reverb

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2012-02-27

1966 Dodge A100 Panel Van - $7500 OBO - Escondido, CA Empty 1966 Dodge A100 Panel Van - $7500 OBO - Escondido, CA

Post by kick_the_reverb Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 pm

For sale a 1966 Dodge A100 Panel Van.
    Short wheelbase, cargo doors with no windows on passenger side, cargo doors with windows in the rear. No cargo doors or windows on driver side. Body is pretty solid. Clear title, registered until August 2019.

The good:
    Slot type aluminum wheels, 318 V8 Small Block Mopar with Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold, Holley 600 CFM 4 barrel, vacuum secondaries, electric choke carb. Mild performance cam. Dual exhaust. 727 TorqueFlite with Bouchillon Performance kickdown cable, auxiliary transmission cooler. Big 2800# front axle with new kingpins, Prototype Scarebird BIG front disc brakes, Aluminum dual master cylinder conversion. New brake lines.
    New front leaf springs and heavy duty bushings, new steering drag link, new tie rod ends.
    8 3/4" Mopar rear end with 3.55 gear set.
    3/8" Fuel pick-up and 3/8" fuel line. Completely rewired from scratch with Painless Performance fuse panel and high quality TXL and GXL wires (not a wiring kit), modern type alternator (120 AMP Denso), heavy duty battery cables, electronic voltage regulator, Mallory HyFire ignition with rev limiter, Mallory coil, plus redundant back-up factory-style electronic ignition circuit.
    I bought this van over 10 years ago and have done a lot of work to make it safer and more reliable with an outlook to future performance mods.
    The transmission was performance rebuilt by the guy who used to build transmissions for Bob Mazzolini Racing.
    The wiring job was using high quality wires with lots of extra capacity to plan for future upgrades such as electric fan, electric fuel pump, fuel injection (those were not installed on the van yet).
    The disc brakes were a prototype from Scarebird - I sent them a spindle and they designed the kit for big 12" rotors.

The van may come with extra parts such as extra dog-house panels, extra rear-end, extra headlight rings, extra grill, extra transmission, extra front axle, a re-manufactured Magnum 5.2 long-block, used Magnum 5.2 parts, new aluminum radiator (all depending on negotiated price).

The bad:
    While the short block was rebuilt, the heads were just cleaned, valve seats hand-lapped. Exhaust valves 4 and 6 were not sealing well.
    Still, I was driving the van every 1-2 weeks to keep it running.
    About 3 years ago I got involved in another project, and neglected to drive the van for 6 weeks, after-which, it wouldn't stay running. I put off working on it, and before you know it, it has been sitting for 3 years.

The so-so:
    Body is pretty solid, I was able to acquire doors from various sources instead of dented original ones.
    The drip-rail area is not rusted out like most of these vans, but I do see some on the passenger side.
    There are a few dents, scratches. There is a rust hole in the passenger side upper A-pillar.

Price: $7500 OBO. Negotiable for serious buyers, depending on which extra parts are included.

Local pickup only from Escondido, CA.

See all the pics at:
    https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/escondido-1966-dodge-a100-panel-van/6897557064.html
    kick_the_reverb
    kick_the_reverb

1966 Dodge A100 Panel Van - $7500 OBO - Escondido, CA Empty Re: 1966 Dodge A100 Panel Van - $7500 OBO - Escondido, CA

Post by kick_the_reverb Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:38 am

For some reason I can't edit this post, so just replying:
    Sold some of the extra parts: the Magnum 5.2 long block and parts, the extra transmission.
    Price dropped to $4500 OBO.
    Thanks,
    Ran
    pittsdriver
    pittsdriver

Number of posts : 335
    Registration date : 2010-08-12

1966 Dodge A100 Panel Van - $7500 OBO - Escondido, CA Empty Re: 1966 Dodge A100 Panel Van - $7500 OBO - Escondido, CA

Post by pittsdriver Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:58 pm

Couldn't bring up all the pics as your site was deleted. Is it sold yet?
    kick_the_reverb
    kick_the_reverb

Post by kick_the_reverb Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Sorry, just sold...
    Ran

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:01 pm