VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

beltline seals and glass run channel install

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

beltline seals and glass run channel install Empty beltline seals and glass run channel install

Post by rustytoolss Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:07 am

Is it at all possible to install the glass run channels and beltline fuzzys without removing the vent window assy? I'm trying to avoid removing he vent assy.
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

beltline seals and glass run channel install Empty Re: beltline seals and glass run channel install

Post by OutofSight Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:52 pm

I have not been able to do it without removing the vent window.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

beltline seals and glass run channel install Empty Re: beltline seals and glass run channel install

Post by rustytoolss Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 am

I have not gotten into it yet. What makes it so hard to do, and requires pulling the vent window ?
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Post by OutofSight Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:10 am

I find it too tight to accomplish the belt line fuzzies without at least removing the window. I took everything out and did the vent window rubbers at the same time.

Number of posts : 434
    Registration date : 2016-10-18

Post by 69 Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:53 am

Removing the vent window assy is not that hard - except finding the screw inbetween the old rubber. Other than that - rather easy.
    (unfortunatly, I skipped replacing the vent rubber; should have done that at the same time...)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:03 am