VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Are the prices going up?? Vanny??

Skulptorchaz
    Skulptorchaz

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2015-05-08

Are the prices going up?? Vanny?? Empty Are the prices going up?? Vanny??

Post by Skulptorchaz Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:19 pm

I was just perusing some of the forums and I was looking at some of the prices of vans for sale. Vanny is the man on vans for sale and I was wondering if he or anyone else has seen a bit of a rise in prices??
    I am a hot rodder as well and there is always a "trend" in what people are getting into, nationally, and I was just curious if vans might be a new trend?
    I've always dug them but I'm wondering if it isn't vans turn at being the next nostalgic cool vehicle. I think it would be cool to see lots more of them around but, the drawback is prices for them will go up. (that can be good or bad)
    Just wondering.............
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Are the prices going up?? Vanny?? Empty Re: Are the prices going up?? Vanny??

Post by vanny Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:34 pm

I do the Chebbys and sometimes Econo since I always like to see them as well and I have noticed a rise in the asking prices...not sure what the sellers are actually getting but definitely noticed a rise in the asking prices. I think there has been more interest in them since they are being featured on such shows as Counting Cars, Monkey Garage, Overhaulin, American Pickers and Fired Up , etc...not to mention that a lot of movies and tv shows have used them as well. Just look at the Hot Wheels and M2 collectibles being produced also! Hopefully they will continue to be popular so that more of them get saved...Vintage Vans Rule!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:57 am

I have been seeing a lot of ridiculous asking prices, like $5k for a rust bucket. They must have seen those TV shows where they paid too much for Econolines.
    Skulptorchaz
    Skulptorchaz

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2015-05-08

Post by Skulptorchaz Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:30 am

I was thinking they were going up.
    The PLUS side, on a van owners benefit, is that if you have one, it becomes more valuable. And the overall plus is that maybe more people will get one, or better yet, SAVE one, and enjoy the fun we do. I hate seeing ANY old "sheet metal" go to the bailer, or just rot away.

Number of posts : 434
    Registration date : 2016-10-18

Post by 69 Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:48 am

Skulptorchaz wrote:The PLUS side, on a van owners benefit, is that if you have one, it becomes more valuable.

I'm not buying that - cause the higher value does not create a benefit, except you want to sell. If you want to continue enjoy your ride, increasing value just does nothing but more costs.

My Charger doubled in value the past 7 years. But it also doubled my insurance premium. And that's just for peace of mind that I can replace it if something happens.

Essentially, I better do not care about the value cause I wanna ride, not sell. Wink

Having greater visibility and more sheet metal being saved is of course a great benefit of being featured on those shows.
    Today, I got like a dozen thumbs up, even from whacky environmental activists and bike riders.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 pm