VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Where Can I get Electronic Ignition

retropolis
    retropolis

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2018-04-24

Where Can I get Electronic Ignition Empty Where Can I get Electronic Ignition

Post by retropolis Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:32 pm

Hello everyone, I'm looking at buying the petronix ii unit but I can't seem to find the exact one? is there a link anyone can post up for the exact same one they use. I have an inline 6 200 with auto trans. My van won't start and hopefully this new ignition will help. My points might be bad.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Where Can I get Electronic Ignition Empty Re: Where Can I get Electronic Ignition

Post by vanny Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:09 pm

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Where Can I get Electronic Ignition Empty Re: Where Can I get Electronic Ignition

Post by Seth G Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:00 pm

If you have a 200 I would go with a 79 dsII distributor, a 4 pin HEI module mounted to a heatsink and use a TFI coil. I have a thread on the subject you can search for if you need links and more details on the parts and fiddly bits. Pertronix is a crutch. If you can drop in a distributor, module and e-coil for around $150 with a design that was so good Mallory and MSD still use variants of it to this day for racing, why not?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:57 pm