VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Looking for side or back door glass on my 67 Econoline

EconoRedman
    EconoRedman

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2017-02-25

Looking for side or back door glass on my 67 Econoline Empty Re: Looking for side or back door glass on my 67 Econoline

Post by EconoRedman Tue May 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Wolfster ??? Where did you go man ?? I hope that your ok ! No responses to emails since the 18th of April, and no posts on the forum since then either.
    Wolfster
    Wolfster

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2016-08-27

Looking for side or back door glass on my 67 Econoline Empty Re: Looking for side or back door glass on my 67 Econoline

Post by Wolfster Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:48 pm

Hooked EconoRedman up with a couple of windows. Couldn't see him paying $40 a pair and probably much more than that for shipping to France. Went ahead and gave them to him for $10 for packaging and the windows for free. I still have 4 pair left. Anybody need any, $40 a pair + shipping.

He's also looking for a windshield, the dash pad, and a dash skirt. Thinking the dash skirt is only available in fiberglass as a repro. The dash pad, if anyone has one, will probably be an oversize charge for shipping. A windshield? Not sure I'd want to take the chance of breakage in shipping. If anyone knows of a glass company that can package one for shipping, that would be great.

I've found the USPS is about the best way to ship anything overseas. The only "hassle", which really isn't, is filling out the customs form and the post office will usually help you out on that.

These owners of early vans who live in the UK and Europe could sure use some help on getting parts. Not like there's many for parts, etc., for them to find. I'd like to ask all of you to help these owners out if you can. Most will have PayPal, and my experience in dealing with them is they pay promptly. I have always packaged them and shipped them and provided a photo of the receipt with a tracking number and amount. I do this out of my own pocket and have never not been paid promptly. They all know of any customs delays in their particular countries. They don't expect anything for free and I know the members here wouldn't overcharge them for the fact they reside where they do and don't have access for what they need. Right?
    EconoRedman
    EconoRedman

Post by EconoRedman Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi Wolfster,

OK man that's a deal Smile

Thanks Smile

Wolfster
    Wolfster

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2016-08-27

Post by Wolfster Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:28 pm

I have two back door / side door windows. $40.00 + shipping from Omaha, Nebraska 68112. I have shipped to Germany a couple of times so am somewhat familiar with the customs forms.
    EconoRedman
    EconoRedman

Post by EconoRedman Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Vanny, .......... Have I told you that your AWESOME ???? THANKS MAN Smile
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14777
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:11 am

Redman, did you check with your local glass shop? I would think that they would either have something like this available or be able to cut one for you. I would start there first...seeing as it's probably just a flat piece of glass.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    EconoRedman
    EconoRedman

Looking for side or back door glass on my 67 Econoline Empty Looking for side or back door glass on my 67 Econoline

Post by EconoRedman Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:47 am

Hi guys,

I just accidentally of course cracked my side small glass while changing the window seal. Can anyone please give me a heads up if you see a square side or back window glass for sale please ?

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:58 am