VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
wacko
RipVanArkie
Donn
7 posters

This one went for some serious $$$

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

This one went for some serious $$$ Empty This one went for some serious $$$

Post by Donn Mon May 25, 2009 8:14 pm

Ebay # : 160335531872

Super nice truck !! But some REAL cash!!
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

This one went for some serious $$$ Empty Re: This one went for some serious $$$

Post by RipVanArkie Mon May 25, 2009 9:10 pm

And well worth it. I watched this one hoping I would not be disappointed. Maybe someone here is the happy new owner.

Later,
    Rip
    wacko
    wacko

Number of posts : 423
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by wacko Tue May 26, 2009 8:26 am

sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067

Post by sasktrini Tue May 26, 2009 10:36 am

Wow... started at $500? That van is immaculate!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue May 26, 2009 10:41 am

Yep,
    The winner "e***u (0)" took the bidding from $6,100.00 to US $10,100.00
    And he has (0) feedback. Hope he makes good on it. That van is very nice!!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

This one went for some serious $$$ Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Donn
    Donn

Post by Donn Tue May 26, 2009 12:39 pm

I saw he was bidding against another guy with I think (1) or real low. I do think sometimes it works for the seller to have "new ebayer's" bringing up the bid, where an experienced guy may have waited till the end, but may not have had enough time to climb up to over 10G. I guess you play it the best you can.
    We will see if it gets listed again if the deal went through or not.
    That van is one of the nicest original ones' that I have seen in a while.

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Or maybe the sellers buddy is trying to drive the price up for him
    by signing up and bidding against legit bidders. Its a very nice van
    but 10 grand? I bet we see this one for sale again.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue May 26, 2009 2:42 pm

10 grand to me would be a deal for me for something of this quality. Fixing up one of these vans isn't cheap or any car for that matter these days.
    crazee

Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post by crazee Tue May 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Abeblinkin wrote:Or maybe the sellers buddy is trying to drive the price up for him
    by signing up and bidding against legit bidders. Its a very nice van
    but 10 grand? I bet we see this one for sale again.

Looks like a shill bidder to me too!

If it comes up again for auction because of "NO PAY"..........we will know it's a shill bidder scam going.

This shill bidder crap is ruining ebay.

I see a 0 fredback or low feedback guy start driving the price...........I do not bid. Lot of friends do the same.

PS----- nice "looking" van.............but 10G is a pretty stupid price.

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Yeah I know projects add up really quick and before you know it you your ten grand in. It is a realy nice van and
    worth plenty but to purchase unseen for that price? And I must admit I'm a
    rookie been looking for a van for almost a year now and just haven't found the right one yet. I have seen ones of
    similar or better quality for several thousand less though. They are just out of my price range. I'm suspicious of Ebay
    because of that "shrill bidding" stuff. It started when I was at a motorcycle shop once and I over heard a guy sayin
    "yeah that trans I put on ebay isn't going for what I thought it would so I had my buddy get on there and bid the price up"
    I guess they just mark it as sold and relist it with the typical bad bidder statement. My question is why not just put the reserve
    at the lowest you would be willing to sell it for? I always wondered as well if the seller can see your highest bid? That wold
    really be bad for a bidder.

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 3:32 pm

no the seller cannot see your highest bid.
    Donn
    Donn

Post by Donn Tue May 26, 2009 6:40 pm

10G seems high to me NOW. As I said in a prior post, it's just a matter of time ( in my opinion) before the Earlies catch up to the rest of the old car market. I know alot of you guys don't agree, but I think in 5 years from now 10G will be cheap for the same van.

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 8:20 pm

this seller had it on craigslist in newyork for 7000.00 obo for almost a month ebay is bogus placed a bid on a car once it went for a high bid then the guy emailed me saying the high bidder backed out and i was the the next high bidder and if i wanted for that price went back to check the ad and i was way down on the bidder list he must have a lot of buddys who triedto raise the price. this site rocks for letting us voice and to let fellow vanners really know whats going on out there
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067

Post by sasktrini Wed May 27, 2009 8:29 am

That is interesting... I get it... never accept a "second place" offer from the seller... let them put it on the block again!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:33 pm

And its back up for sale, surprise! Ebay is such a scam anymore.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:38 pm

I have used second chance offers many times without trouble. If the seller want to offer a second chance he can choose which bidder to offer it to. I always look at the bidders feedback and if the top bidder(s) have little or to low (under 98%) I disqualify them and move to the first one with good feedback. I believe that is how most sellers operate. I keep hearing about one or two people having bad experience s on ebay but when you consider that they complete over eight million auctions a day with only a handful ( maybe three or four ) bad experiences among them that is a pretty damned good record. You can't say that about Walmart or Sears or any other major retailer. For proof just look at the long return lines at Walmart with people bring back broken or incomplete items. Sure there are some bad sellers on ebay but they get weeded out eventually by ebay or their feedback gets so bad no one buys from them. The key to bidding on ebay is to always look at the sellers feedback rating. If it is above 98% you will probably get exactly what you are bidding fo. Also look to see if the seller has any negative feedback that would indicate he sometimes does not follow through on the sale.r
    crazee

Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post by crazee Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Abeblinkin wrote:And its back up for sale, surprise! Ebay is such a scam anymore.

YEP!

Proof positive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:23 am