VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Add On Steering stabilizer damper?

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

stabilizer - Add On  Steering stabilizer damper? Empty Add On Steering stabilizer damper?

Post by rustytoolss Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:22 pm

Has anyone installed a ADD ON Steering stabilizer damper ? A shock adsorber type of thing that connect to the front axle and the rod between the tie rods ?
    Just wondering if the help  wandering A100's ?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

stabilizer - Add On  Steering stabilizer damper? Empty Re: Add On Steering stabilizer damper?

Post by donivan65 Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:41 pm

I got one on my Chevy,,,,,,,,drives nice but it sure makes it harder to turn the steering as well as slows it down,,,,,,,
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

stabilizer - Add On  Steering stabilizer damper? Empty Re: Add On Steering stabilizer damper?

Post by rustytoolss Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:07 pm

donivan65 wrote:I got one on my Chevy,,,,,,,,drives nice but it sure makes it harder to turn the steering as well as slows it down,,,,,,,
    What was the reason you installed it ?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:35 pm

keeps you going straight,,,,,,,any kind of wind pushes you around,,,,,roads are not flat so the van without power steering likes to wander,,,,,,,,my van with wide 15" tires really grabs the pavement,,,,,,and that damper adds resistance to turning the steering wheel and adds even more if you try and turn the wheel fast,,,,,,,,parking my van is real work,,,,,,,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:59 pm