VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Latest and greatest best way to insulate??

Skulptorchaz
    Skulptorchaz

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2015-05-08

Latest and greatest best way to insulate?? Empty Latest and greatest best way to insulate??

Post by Skulptorchaz Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Hey guys. I also posted this question in "General" in hopes of getting more responses.
    I am getting ready to insulate my van and REALLY would like to know the BEST methods. I really want to do this correctly and was curious if there was anything new out there.
    Thanks!
    Chaz
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Latest and greatest best way to insulate?? Empty Re: Latest and greatest best way to insulate??

Post by Space Truckin Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:32 am

Try Lizardskin.... study
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1564
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Latest and greatest best way to insulate?? Empty Re: Latest and greatest best way to insulate??

Post by OutofSight Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:41 am

Seems like a lot of prep work is needed for a van that is already painted like mine. I may try the FatMat route.
    Skulptorchaz
    Skulptorchaz

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2015-05-08

Post by Skulptorchaz Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:07 am

Space,
    I am using a "homemade" lizard skin that can be made with Thermal Cell from Hytechsales.com. It's ceramic spheres with a vacuum inside them. It is supposed to lower the temp down by up to 20* but I still want to use some sort of insulation. I had read that spray foam was not good as it could hold moisture. I would have that thought that would have been the best insulation. (????) Maybe some sort of undercoating before the foam would be the ticket. (????)
    I was thinking of using Fat Mat around the dog house. I understand it is pretty good but kinda salty.
    Chaz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:04 pm