VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
OutofSight
Seth G
vanny
whalemstr
donivan65
9 posters

Vanner in Los Angeles needs help

whalemstr
    whalemstr

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2012-06-27

Vanner in Los Angeles needs help - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanner in Los Angeles needs help

Post by whalemstr Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:42 am

A chunk of that is the cam... it's not a stock one... just freekin can't remember which one I put in it!!! lol

Plug order is good...
    Same stat - never touched, never moved...

Timing is what I screwed with most of yesterday -
    I know it's as close as I can get it - it's running at least!!!
    Still not sure of the moisture coming out of the tail pipe... gotta remember to check it after I get it warmed up awhile again...

Have it pre-warmed - valve cover off - everything ready for valve adjustment time!!!

Back in awhile...
    whalemstr
    whalemstr

Vanner in Los Angeles needs help - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanner in Los Angeles needs help

Post by whalemstr Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:45 am

after the adjustment...
    https://youtu.be/RmW2rHHkn7M
    a couple seemed tight and a couple seemed loose...

trying it out in a few
    whalemstr
    whalemstr

Post by whalemstr Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:01 pm

It's running and as far as I'm concerned, it's running nice!
    I just took it up a hill - at 50 - and it warms up - but with the fan on it stays in the range I feel comfortable with. Traveling along at 45 or 40 it does not heat up at all - and I only turn the fan on when coming to a stop light.
    I have the idle a little low, but I can live with that for now.

I loosened the adjustment on my tranny and it shifts a bit lighter - which is again okay with me. I also noticed that if I get on it, once it gets past the initial hesitation - which I am not gonna mess with right now either, - it has enough giddeeeeuoand go for my tastes - it is a loaded camper van now and still has a little oomph!

Anyway, thanks for all the help guys.

Now I have to put the camper part all back together and plan a trip back north!

If there is anyone along 99 towards Modesto let me know!
    My daughter is in Modesto - so I have to stop there otherwise I would probably try 5 going north this time...

What a relief after such a long and stressful episode in life on the road with an old van!!! LOL

I may have to go 99 all the way up north just so I can stop in Oroville and say howdy?
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Good to hear it's running ok again, bummer about the oil flinging. Hopefully the rest of your 'vacation' is great!
    whalemstr
    whalemstr

Post by whalemstr Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:40 pm

Been taking it out and about. Seems pretty good except maybe a bit sluggish.
    Will keep worling on that.

Seth, I will just make sure that the panel that got splattered - gets an oil finish on it!!! LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:09 am