VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

What spark plugs are people using with the Pertronix?

Canada17
    Canada17

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2016-03-21

What spark plugs are people using with the Pertronix? Empty What spark plugs are people using with the Pertronix?

Post by Canada17 Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:00 am

Hi everyone, I'm going to be installing the distributor with a pertronix unit and coil for my 200. What are people using for spark plugs with this set up, or close to?

Thanks,

What spark plugs are people using with the Pertronix? Empty Re: What spark plugs are people using with the Pertronix?

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:47 pm

In my Dodge, I'm runnin NGK's double Platinum's. Just get a good quality plug, don't know Ford gaps for plugs but I bumped my gap up to .45-.50" from the factory .35" with no misfire problems with the wider gap and runs really good. Good Luck
    AZ SuperVan
    AZ SuperVan

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2013-09-12

What spark plugs are people using with the Pertronix? Empty Re: What spark plugs are people using with the Pertronix?

Post by AZ SuperVan Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:13 pm

You can run the same plugs and the same gap since the Pertronix only replaces the points. If you run a hotter coil you can very slightly increase the gap.
    Canada17
    Canada17

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2016-03-21

Post by Canada17 Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:07 am

Thanks Guys!
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:49 pm

.050 is pushing it, but the wider the gap, the higher efficiency until you misfire. More than .055" is not recommended. Stock gap for Ford's electronic ignition is .044"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:52 am