VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
wirepuller
FancyFlush
theogbigd
7 posters

Sweet Lookin Econoline

theogbigd
    theogbigd

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2015-11-10

Sweet Lookin Econoline Empty Sweet Lookin Econoline

Post by theogbigd Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:05 am

Seen this Econoline for sale on ebay a few months back and I like the drop that it had. Does anyone have an idea of what was used to lower this Eco? Sweet Lookin Econoline Screen10
    FancyFlush
    FancyFlush

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2014-05-21

Sweet Lookin Econoline Empty Re: Sweet Lookin Econoline

Post by FancyFlush Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:55 am

That is one sweet falcon, love the drop and the white walls. Looks like they didn't touch it too much though. Sorta looks like it's got some cancer near the rear fender well. I was thinking about keeping the bumpers but this kinda is swaying me a bit!
    wirepuller
    wirepuller

Number of posts : 176
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post by wirepuller Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:27 am

Kind of looks like it was lowered with photoshop.  Something about it does not seem right, like it's been superimposed on the background.  Suspect Question
    theogbigd
    theogbigd

Post by theogbigd Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:34 am

FancyFlush wrote:

That is one sweet falcon, love the drop and the white walls.  Looks like they didn't touch it too much though.  Sorta looks like it's got some cancer near the rear fender well.  I was thinking about keeping the bumpers but this kinda is swaying me a bit!

It sits real noice! I need to get mine sitting like that. Yea they definitely didn't do any body work on her, but I dig the look. It looks different w/o the bumper definitely has me thinking about taking mine off. You have a nice falcon!
    theogbigd
    theogbigd

Post by theogbigd Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:36 am

wirepuller wrote:Kind of looks like it was lowered with photoshop.  Something about it does not seem right, like it's been superimposed on the background.  Suspect Question

Check out the video it's definitely lowered a bit.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:55 pm

There doesn't appear to be any notching in the rear or evidence of work up front. Without knowing any better, I would assume it's been lowered with blocks/axle flip type thing or serious leaf removal and/or dearching. It'd be nice if they had the front axle dropped instead. And are those 17's or low profile tires on 15's?
    theogbigd
    theogbigd

Post by theogbigd Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:19 pm

Seth G wrote:There doesn't appear to be any notching in the rear or evidence of work up front. Without knowing any better, I would assume it's been lowered with blocks/axle flip type thing or serious leaf removal and/or dearching. It'd be nice if they had the front axle dropped instead. And are those 17's or low profile tires on 15's?

That's what I thought also. I couldn't tell you, they look like 15's maybe 14's.
    QCT
    QCT

Number of posts : 559
    Registration date : 2015-01-01

Post by QCT Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:53 am

It was bid to $14,100 a few weeks back. Reserve wasn't met so he relist it for $16,900. Out of curiosity I spoke with him about this van. He said he'd take $15,500. It's since off eBay. I believe it has sold. Patina was cool but the rot was kinda a turn off at that price..
    theogbigd
    theogbigd

Post by theogbigd Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:03 pm

QCT wrote:It was bid to $14,100 a few weeks back. Reserve wasn't met so he relist it for $16,900. Out of curiosity I spoke with him about this van. He said he'd take $15,500. It's since off eBay. I believe it has sold. Patina was cool but the rot was kinda a turn off at that price..

Definitely a cool lookin van, but I don't think I would pay that much for it.
    FancyFlush
    FancyFlush

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2014-05-21

Post by FancyFlush Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:42 am

Seth G wrote:There doesn't appear to be any notching in the rear or evidence of work up front. Without knowing any better, I would assume it's been lowered with blocks/axle flip type thing or serious leaf removal and/or dearching. It'd be nice if they had the front axle dropped instead. And are those 17's or low profile tires on 15's?

Here's what they said they did...
    Driven Rods and Rides
    Springs and rear c nitch
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Post by jrdunn96 Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:39 pm

Just my 2 cents, but you guy's vans in you avatars look 10X as good. 'Course I don't really go for the Slammed Cancer Patient Look. Just an old hillbilly's perspective. I guess that is why they make soooo many flavors!

Jim
    theogbigd
    theogbigd

Post by theogbigd Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:48 pm

FancyFlush wrote:

Here's what they said they did...
    Driven Rods and Rides
    Springs and rear c nitch

Oh nice, thanks for the info!
    theogbigd
    theogbigd

Post by theogbigd Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:50 pm

jrdunn96 wrote:Just my 2 cents, but you guy's vans in you avatars look 10X as good.  'Course I don't really go for the Slammed Cancer Patient Look.  Just an old hillbilly's perspective.  I guess that is why they make soooo many flavors!

Jim

Appreciate that man!
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:54 pm

I think the lowered look is growing on me. Not completely slammed, but lowered a little, with some beefier tires. I was looking at my van today from behind as I was coming out of a store walking up to it and with my skinny rims and nearly original size tires...it looked kind of whimpy Neutral  
    Maybe not right away, but I want to look into what is involved with a slight lowering with the white walls.
    Seth G
    Seth G

Post by Seth G Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:00 am

The problem is the steering/handling tends to suffer and become potentially dangerous if it isn't done right. Old Skool Vic has posted about a book that addresses the issue.
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:13 am

Seth G wrote:The problem is the steering/handling tends to suffer and become potentially dangerous if it isn't done right. Old Skool Vic has posted about a book that addresses the issue.

If it was a major undertaking affecting steering and handling I wouldn't bother. Time, Cost, Tools and Know-how are always an issue when doing things until I can retire from the "Rat Race" for good! lol

Sweet Lookin Econoline Rats11
    Seth G
    Seth G

Post by Seth G Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:44 pm

It's all about the drag link geometry. If you google "drag link bump steer" you will find a plethora of info on the causes and fixes. Would be an easy thing to put wider rims and/or rubber on there though!
    theogbigd
    theogbigd

Post by theogbigd Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Has anyone tried dearching the stock leaf springs?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:13 pm