VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Air conditioning your van. Any tips or tricks??

Skulptorchaz
    Skulptorchaz

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2015-05-08

Air conditioning your van. Any tips or tricks?? Empty Air conditioning your van. Any tips or tricks??

Post by Skulptorchaz Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:47 pm

I am wanting to put an AC in my van and have talked to several AC companies (Vintage, Nostalgic, etc.) It seems like they have the stuff to do it but it is a "universal kit". Have any of you done this and do you have any suggestions? Tips? Tricks?
    I want to put one condenser under the dash and a second one on the back of the dog house. They tell me the pump can handle both OK. My question is, where did you mount the pump?? High or low? Left or right? It seems a bit tight in there. Smile Did you have to do some creative mounts??
    Thanks in advance.
    Chaz
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Air conditioning your van. Any tips or tricks?? Empty Re: Air conditioning your van. Any tips or tricks??

Post by donivan65 Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:06 pm

I would say they make a compressor mount that fits above the stock distributor,,,,,,so you cant use a HEI unit,,,,,,a remote condenser with an attached fan would sit under the van like in back of the battery to handle the heat from your 2 evaporators,,,,,,,
    Skulptorchaz
    Skulptorchaz

Air conditioning your van. Any tips or tricks?? Empty Re: Air conditioning your van. Any tips or tricks??

Post by Skulptorchaz Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:53 am

Thanks Donivan. That is an interesting set up. I doubt the pump over the distributor will work for me as I already have an HEI in there. I guess I will have to try to get more "creative" with the mount. I'd love to see pix of what other have done before I go "creating" a new mount.
    Thanks again!
    Chaz
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:38 am

Look in the extensive web pages of "Vintage Air" also others for applications & installs. cheers
    Skulptorchaz
    Skulptorchaz

Post by Skulptorchaz Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:29 pm

Good tip! Thanks Twin!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 pm