VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Magnum 360 Replacement Heads ??

Magnum 360 Replacement Heads ??  Empty Magnum 360 Replacement Heads ??

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:35 pm

I'm getting the machine work done on the Magnum 360 and I was told all about the problem that most of the heads have with cracks between the valve seats.

I was looking at Edelbrock RPM heads at $850 each, which need Chevy style rockers
    ($400) and new hardened pushrods ($150), which works out to be $2250 all in.

But I found Hughes Engines that makes a bolt-in replacement iron casting that uses the Mopar rockers and valves for $311 each. Just do some cleanup porting, and take everything off the old head and put it in the new head. For only $622 plus shipping and a valve job. And they flow pretty close to the Edelbrock AL heads on the intake side.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/products.php?browse=search&search=hug4666&partid=22248

Anybody using these?

Thanks
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Magnum 360 Replacement Heads ??  Empty Re: Magnum 360 Replacement Heads ??

Post by RodStRace Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:17 pm

a number of guys on Moparts have and are happy with them.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:51 am

Thanks Rod! It turns out my old heads are cracked but not leaking - yet. The machine shop guy can get the replacement heads for $280 each, so they're in the mail. He says they're Made In China, and some of the machine work may need to be redone, but pretty good castings.

Way cheaper than AL heads!

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 am