VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

New to the van world

Vanquished
    Vanquished

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2015-06-01

New to the van world Empty New to the van world

Post by Vanquished Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:12 am

Hello, I just got my first van recently, and just discovered this site. I purchased a nice 1969 Chevy Sportvan 90. It has a 350 and was converted to an automatic. It is in great condition and only needs a few small things. Can't wait to put it to use this summer! Post pics when I figure it out...
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

New to the van world Empty Re: New to the van world

Post by kookykrispy Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:37 am

Welcome!!
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:05 am

Welcome Chevy owner! posting pics is not too bad, click the host an image, choose the file, change the size to 640, when the choices come up, click the middle one that says image, it will turn blue, then right click it and click save, then paste it into this message box where the cursor is blinking, try it a few times...if you have pics already uploaded to a photo service, then highlight the url and use the other insert image button and paste the url into the first line..... a 90 with a 350 should haul a** as they say....there are several members here up your way....
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14778
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Vanquished, did you by any chance, buy the silver 69 that was for sale in Fitchburg? I love that van and if I had the money, would have bought it myself. Welcome to the site, you'll love it here. What part of Mass are you from? I'm in Ashburnham. Very Happy

Is it this BEAUTY???   New to the van world Silver10

New to the van world Silver11

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Welcome to VV. You have come to the right place for help for all things Vintage Van, and truck.
    Vanquished
    Vanquished

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2015-06-01

Post by Vanquished Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Vanny that is the one! I knew when I saw it, that was the one for me. Its a very sweet ride. It was done very tastefully. Ive tuned it up, did the brakes and weatherstripping. I need to fix the locks, probably replace them, they work poorly. And fix drivers window regulator. Its a real fun ride!
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:18 am

Nice van, this may be of help, there is a seller on eBay parting out some vans and is offering regulators for sale.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-67-chevy-gmc-van-left-window-regulator-assembly-/181754872313?hash=item2a516f41f9
    These do not come up very often in good working condition. I think, but check, should be the same for all years, 64-70, the doors didn't change except for adding the side marker lights. My '64 has '68 doors on it with with the lights. But, first, take yours apart and see if it can be fixed. Grease and tighten everything, that's all that was wrong with mine when I first got the van, loose track.... Welcome! I'm down in Jersey, not too far from ya!
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14778
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:36 am

Congrats, I saw it at a local cruise night and it looked nicely done!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:16 pm