VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Electric Fan Clearance

stanyon
    stanyon

Number of posts : 147
    Registration date : 2013-08-29

Electric Fan Clearance  Empty Electric Fan Clearance

Post by stanyon Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:59 pm

I am hoping to get rid of the belt driven Fan and use an electric out of a Tarus or the Volvo. Already got the 3G alternator but went in to do a mock up and the nose of the water pump is in the way. As it is I have 2" of space for the Tarus Fan which is 5" deep. If any of you who have done this could pass on the solution and pictures I would be willing to buy a round. So far the only option I see is to push the radiator forward.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Electric Fan Clearance  Empty Re: Electric Fan Clearance

Post by Big W Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:06 pm

This may or may not help...but here goes. Motor is a 350 and the fan is the Taurus unit. The rad is a 3 core in it's stock location. It may be a little close, but the water pump should never move foreword and the engine mounts are 57 Chevy flat top mounts that are pretty tight. So far so good. I'm sure others that have the stock 6 in there vans with electric fan will chime in with better info for you as to rad location. I may lean my rad forward later on if needed.Electric Fan Clearance  Copy_o10
    Oscarm
    Oscarm

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2014-05-06

Post by Oscarm Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Mine is 302, moved forward 2" on good hard mounts. Moved / fabricated rad supports ahead same distance...using ex- Mustang aluminum rad. Same clearance as "Big W"
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:00 pm

I have been posting to use the "Standard Rotation" short nosed "FORD MOTORSPORT" water pump, standard rotation timing cover and the front sump pan for a long time. Also by using the 3G you can toss the regulator and its mount as the 3G has a piggy bank unit on it.
     In this picture it shows how I use aluminum channel material and bolt it in on both flanges instead of one single bolt which would squash the channel and eventually loosen up. This was the first setup before I found the 3G and posted it a long time ago,,, LOL
    Old Skool

Electric Fan Clearance  100_1211

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:40 am