VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
back2thewoods
benwah
RipVanArkie
7 posters

Vanishing Breed in Fast and furious 4

Vanishing Breed in Fast and furious 4 Empty Vanishing Breed in Fast and furious 4

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:07 pm

Just watched a sneak preview of the movie on television and there in the middle of the screen was Vanishing Breed. They also showed the dance scene I was in.. My grandson is really jazzed to see the van on TV.
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Vanishing Breed in Fast and furious 4 Empty Re: Vanishing Breed in Fast and furious 4

Post by RipVanArkie Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:16 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Later,
    Rip

Vanishing Breed in Fast and furious 4 Empty Re: Vanishing Breed in Fast and furious 4

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:17 pm

In the sneak preview the van was shown for maybe 5 seconds but at least it made an appearance
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:31 am

been keeping an eye out when the previews are on the tube cyclops havnt seen v.b. yet, but did see the previews. by the time a movie plays up here its allready on dvd. either way look forward to the movie.
    back2thewoods
    back2thewoods

Number of posts : 842
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

Post by back2thewoods Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:20 pm

where you dancing????? ill pay to see that!!! congrats on the movie appearance!!!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:01 pm

The dance scenes they had me in were in the beach party segment. They are night scenes. May be hard to see me. I was on the left hand side in some of the shoots and on the right hand side in others. I am the only one in the scenes over 24 years old so I may stand out in that respect. For the record though I am not a dancer in any way shape or form so I tried to stay on the outer part of the crowd towards the back right hand side or near the front but off to the left in other takes. I think most of the time I was standing still or barely moving so as not to attract attention. Besides most of the dancers were young extremely fine looking women so I think most will be looking at them rather than for a 61 year old over weight bald man.
    back2thewoods
    back2thewoods

Number of posts : 842
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

Post by back2thewoods Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:04 pm

yeh my days of cuttin a rug are long over too!! ill go check the movie out
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by hywaychild Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:58 pm

can't wait to you it/you on the big screan
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:07 pm

Man,thats cool VB.! Not onlly your vans in the movie,but you made it too.Thats alright! I did'nt know we were rubbing keyboards with a celebrity,Haaa
    Lookin forward to seeing ya'll on the big screen.
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:47 am

one of my legs is shorter than the other and both of my feet are too long! Razz
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Have you seen the movie yet VB?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:37 pm

chebby wrote:Have you seen the movie yet VB?
    Not yet, just a 15 minute preview that was on Time Warner cable TV. I haven't been to a movie in over 30 years and probably will wait for this one to appear on television too.
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:00 am

That's really cool.Can't wait to see VB in a movie.It kind of legitimizes my love for earlys to all the non-beleivers in my life.As for the dancing I will probably keep that to myself and not tell anyone,that could blow any credibility I gain with VBs big screen debut. Very Happy

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Well I heard from a guy that saw the movie twice that he did NOT see the van in the movie. It was a night scene. Could be the preview I saw it in was a version before the final cut or he didn't notice it due to it being dark.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Well lets just hope it did'nt end up on cutting room floor.BUT...when the dvd's come out,there's almost a movies length on stunts,deleted scenes,and making of the movie.You might wind up on something you did'nt even relalize VB.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:01 pm

Hmm did not know that but then I have never bought a movie DVD. I seldom even watch TV. Usually boxing, football, MMA and some cartoons with my grandson. Once in a great while a movie with my wife. Sometimes the cooking channel or CSI with my wife but not often enough to know the stars names in CSI. The only reason I ever watch the cooking channel is that I love to cook and am always looking for good recipes to try. Love anything spicy, cajun, creole, Thai, Mexican, Jamaican, Cuban, Haitian, Indian, etc. The hotter the better. I also collect hot sauces from around the world. I have won many chili cook offs and once made it to the State finals.
    mcfly
    mcfly

Post by mcfly Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:12 pm

Always looking for a good chili recipe !!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:02 pm

I like to use 2 pounds each pork, chicken, top sirloin and rattle snake meat all together. I personally like large chunks of meat and very hot but in chili cook offs you have to cut the meat in small pieces and it can't be spicy. I like to use a lot of Habaneros (approx one pound), a pound of either jalepenos or serranos, six onions, black olives, celery, and mushrooms. I add some pure capsaision oil ( at least 500,000 scoville units but sometimes add oil with 1,000,000 scoville units to it and several cloves of garlic . I also like beans in it so I use kidney beans and pinto beans. Some tomato paste and tomato sauce. Instead of adding water I like to use either chicken or beef broth.Takes all day to cook. If using pure capsaision oil be very careful with it. Use eye goggles and rubber gloves when opening the bottle. This stuff will blind you and can cause blisters on your skin. Never put it directly onto your tongue unless you want a hole in your tongue. I know I did it once, hurt like hell. 500,000 units cost $82.00 for 2 ounces. 1,000,000 units around $150.00 and 2,000,000 units $980.00. Blairs makes it. They also make "Sudden Death" and "After Death" hot sauces that can easily send you to the emergency room. Extreme caution should always be used with any Blairs products. My neighbor spent 3 days in the hospital after eating some Sudden Death by itself. It has been known to cause fatal heart attacks and can cause people with breathing problems to stop breathing. The stronger Blairs products require you to sign an affidavit stating that you will not hold the manufacturer responsible for any death or any medical problems. Usually one or two drops in two gallons of chili is enough to make anyone sweat on the first bite.
    mcfly
    mcfly

Post by mcfly Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:36 am

Damm, When a recipe tells you to use goggles and rubber gloves ,contains cautions like "will blind you and can cause blisters on your skin ",and contains the words Sudden Death and After Death ,Emergency room,Fatal Heart attack,and breathing problems it must be good.You sure you didn't mix up your recipe with some kind of weapon from your military life. affraid

mike

PS didn't even mention the rattle snake meat
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:51 am

Not trying to get off topic,I don't know how scoville unit/chart works.I'msure its a heat measure.Worst I ever had was the Dave's Insanity Sauce,and that was enough to tear me up.I enjoy a good flavor w/o going too crazy on the heat.Reckon that puts me in a wuss category.
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:32 am

even Dave's Insanity has a warning label on the jar! I use about 5 drops of it to my chilly, i only make a crock pot size batch,. Ill have to try adding chicken, black olives. I use black beans and kidney beans in mine. Rattle snake meat isnt available around these parts, Betcha Gator would be a good substitute!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:36 am

Crazy Daves Insanity is 100,000 scoville units. A good sauce. It does have a waiver to sign in many states and comes in a wooden coffin like box. What I like about the capsaition oils is they only provide heat and have no flavor so they don't kill the flavor of your chili. Those same oils are used in creams you buy for aching muscles. They are what provides the heat. Some people rate peppers on a scale of one to ten with the jalapeno a 3 and the habanero and their cousins the Scotch Bonnet pepper being 10s. Habaneros used to be considered the hottest peppers in the world. Now a pepper in Mexico that is not sold commercially is considered much hotter. Also one was found in Africa that is hotter but now two peppers in India are considered to be the hottest. The capsaition oils are from the habanero and are highly concentrated. The 500,000 unit oil will strip the wax from your floor instantly and remove oil from your driveway. In chemistry there is a table that measures acids and bases. 1-7 being acids and 8-14 bases. Caustic lye is 14 and so are these oils.
    Gator meat is used in some cajun and creole recipes. I have tried it in chile and it is very good. Another great pepper to use in chili is the chili pequin. It is small, hard to find in many areas and expensive.
    To me a great chili will make you gasp for air on the first bite, sweat profusely, and bring tears to your eyes immediately Also I forgot to say I also use some brown sugar, and one 16 oz. Budweiser and 6oz of Jose Cuervo gold in my chili. I generally cook up 22 quarts of chili at a time so I can freeze it and have it whenever I want.. Also some of my neighbors and friends usually want some and pay $20.00 a quart for it.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:44 am

mcfly wrote:Damm, When a recipe tells you to use goggles and rubber gloves ,contains cautions like "will blind you and can cause blisters on your skin ",and contains the words Sudden Death and After Death ,Emergency room,Fatal Heart attack,and breathing problems it must be good.You sure you didn't mix up your recipe with some kind of weapon from your military life. affraid

mike

PS didn't even mention the rattle snake meat

HAHA, I once had a friend refer to my chili as "Napalm"
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:36 pm

I Learn something new everyday on here. Ain't it great ! ?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:16 pm

My son just dropped in and said he saw Fast and Furious three times and that Vanishing Breed is in the movie but only for 3-5 seconds. It is a night scene in a parking lot at the beach so it is dark and hard to see the van in great detail. He said it showed the passengers side and rear doors which is exactly what I saw in the preview.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:22 am