VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Chrome Badge Removal

primaldesigns
    primaldesigns

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Chrome Badge Removal Empty Chrome Badge Removal

Post by primaldesigns Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Does anyone know how to remove the chrome badges? I can remove the "FORD" on the front because it has screw on type caps on the back. I need to remove the "FALCON" badges on the driver's, passenger and right rear cargo door. I noticed the badge pins are spiked and seem to have some sort of sleeve holding them against the sheet metal. Does anyone have any idea how to remove the sleeves?
    I need to get this done by tomorrow morning so I can take the van to the paint shop. I am hoping I will get the van back in time for the EconWest show in a couple of weeks.
    Thanks in Advance
    Troy
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Chrome Badge Removal Empty Re: Chrome Badge Removal

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:12 pm

They are held on with barrel clips. Remove the inner door panel unless you dont care about the emblems breaking. Using a slim putty knike gently work your way all around the emblem applying only minimal pressure at first. Work the emblem loose equally or it will bind and the pins will break. You can also help it along from the back side by pushing outwards on the pins as you pry around the edges(use a buddy if possible). I removed all mine from the outside without breaking any of them but its probably safer to do it with the panels removed and a little pressure from the back side. Sometimes the barrel clips come off with the emblem and sometimes they stay in the holes on the door. Take the clips out of the door holes before you give the truck to the body shop where they are guaranteed to get lost or broken. Install them in the door first,then press the emblem back in place. Its simple.
    primaldesigns
    primaldesigns

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by primaldesigns Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:10 pm

Thank you EconoUSA!

You are a life saver. I will try and remove the emblems in the morning. I am going to have a little trouble with the driver and passenger door emblems. They are deep inside the door shell even after I removed the inside panel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:49 am