VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

New guy with questions about missing parts

jkchubbes

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2014-10-13

New guy with questions about missing parts Empty New guy with questions about missing parts

Post by jkchubbes Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:08 pm

Hello, new to this van thing. Got rearended on my motorcycle so I'm stepping away from that and thought a first gen econoline would be a good transition. I'm looking at 67 Econoline supervan that the guy is listing it for parts for only $300. But looking at the listing the body seems pretty decent with the exception of some rust in the drip rail. I'm not a body guy by no means, but is that a bad spot for rust, is it something a body shop can take care of? It doesn't seem to have any cancer.

He mentioned that it's selling for parts because it's missing the motor and transmission, steering wheel, passenger side glass, master cylinder and seats. Are those difficult parts to track down? I wasn't concerned do much with the motor and tranny as I wanted to swap it for a small block Ford. For what it's worth it still has the large motor mounts and 9in rear end.
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

New guy with questions about missing parts Empty Re: New guy with questions about missing parts

Post by dan nachel Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Those parts can all be found or replaced with newer stuff, it all depends on what your abilities are and what you are willing to do. The window is the only part that HAS to be from an econoline. The drip rail can be fixed, or removed completely.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:30 pm