VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Best, non stock, bench seats for 1st Gen, G10?

ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Best, non stock, bench seats for 1st Gen, G10? Empty Best, non stock, bench seats for 1st Gen, G10?

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Please forgive me. This is a behind the seats quesion...

I've been searching the site for a while now to no avail. However I do recall a thread of non-stock bench seats for our 1st Gen's. I used all the keywords I could think of. Anyway there are a number of seats combinations available that work well in our shortys.

I think the seats from a Ford Windstar were especially good yet I can't find the posts. I know, putting a Ford part in a Chevy is sacrilige, but my van doesn't care much about the bolt in mods. Really want something I could tote around 6 or 7 kids (not mine :-) with integral seat belts.

Finding stock seats here on the Right Coast is somwhat improbable in my lifetime.

Thanks much and again sorry if this has been hashed already,

Happy motoring, Mark
    panelmanrd
    panelmanrd

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Best, non stock, bench seats for 1st Gen, G10? Empty Re: Best, non stock, bench seats for 1st Gen, G10?

Post by panelmanrd Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:45 am

the astro/safari seats are the right width but you will
    have to make mounts for them
    Ctjeff
    Ctjeff

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2013-04-10

Best, non stock, bench seats for 1st Gen, G10? Empty Re: Best, non stock, bench seats for 1st Gen, G10?

Post by Ctjeff Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:52 pm

I scored some 2014 ford van seats with the floor mounts and I like them a lot. I have two mounted in my 90 wb. Each has one integrated seatbelt so my daughters car seat can mount using the latch system and she has a seat belt. The seats are separate from the flush floor mount brackets so I can either just pull the straps tip the seat forward and remove the seat leaving the floor mount, or it can just unbolt the floor mounts and remove the whole deal. These seats are heavy, if I had to guess I'd say 80 plus lbs each, but  I have 3/4 springs so the added weight actually makes my van ride much nicer than when it was empty, even the noise level is reduce by having something in that big open space. I will try to post some pics.  Sorry can't post pics directly to the forum, but do a search for 2014 ford e 350 seats the dimensions work pretty good for our vans.  I will post pics over at vcvc......Good luck in your search.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:55 am