VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

this years nationals. . will be my first.

diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

this years nationals. . will be my first.  Empty this years nationals. . will be my first.

Post by diamond dave Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:19 pm

hey guys. this year will be my first trip to the nationals, and I have a few questions.
    first off, who all is planning on going? it's about a 1000 mile round trip for us, and we are looking forward to it. also, when is the best day to show up. not sure if we can get there till Friday.
    my dad and uncles used to go to all kinds of van ins, and said that they were a crazy blast.
    are they as crazy as they used to be?
    we are used to going all over to hot rod shows, and theyre pretty boring. with the exception of a couple burnouts and some flaming tailpipes.
    just curious what to expect. I wish I had my last van road ready when the nats were in old Washington last year and a couple years back.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

this years nationals. . will be my first.  Empty Re: this years nationals. . will be my first.

Post by dix Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:37 pm

The nats are a good time, And they are what you make of it, Get out and meet the people, Get in the show even if you won't win, Still get in and meet all the early vanners in the show,
    I'd sugest watching the weather, If it's going to rain Wensday then go Thursday, No sense in ruining a week-end on your first day, If you can get there Friday early then you will still enjoy your self,
    As far as the event ,None of the van runs could compare to the 70's and 80's those days have long
    past, But they do keep things going, And they are simular to the hotrod shows eccept the van runs are not about who spent the most money on a ride, That being said the vanners have less assholes at their events, If you have never been to a Nats event then it's time to make it, and have some fun... but that's just my 2 cents,

Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2014-04-15

this years nationals. . will be my first.  Empty Re: this years nationals. . will be my first.

Post by weirdbeard Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:33 am

This will also be my first time going to the Van Nationals as new van owner. They said its kid friendly and you can come go as you please and will have bathroom and shower facilities on site. Over 600 vans in attendance with a free swapmeet. See you there.
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Number of posts : 384
    Registration date : 2012-01-08

this years nationals. . will be my first.  Empty 70's Nationals

Post by 66ThunderVan Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:46 pm

this years nationals. . will be my first.  08051210

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:07 pm