VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Baware of Fake Products On eBay

HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Baware of Fake Products On eBay Empty Baware of Fake Products On eBay

Post by HandiVanMan Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:42 am

Buyers beware of cheap knock off Chinese junk being sold on eBay as name brand products. I have bought several things in the last couple of years that have been counterfeit cheap knock offs. The recent one being a set of OEM Samsung ear buds. When I got them in the mail yesterday I quickly noticed a dead give away that they was counterfeit. The brand name was misspelled. They were spelled Samsnug instead of Samsung. I filed a complaint with eBay and was quickly refund my money from the seller. eBay sent me an email informing me that my case had been closed and the are continuing to allow the seller to sell the fake products! I have found through experience that eBay will not do nothing to their Power Seller's so beware of this if it's cheap then it's more than likely cheap counterfeit junk!
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14777
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Baware of Fake Products On eBay Empty Re: Baware of Fake Products On eBay

Post by vanny Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:09 am

Greed! Just glad you got your money back!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8748
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:13 am

Tell us who it is ...

Post by HandiVanMan Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:11 am

I would love to post their users name but I can't.  I buy a lot of stuff on eBay and every once in a while sell stuff on there. EBay has a policy that protects the buyer and seller's identity. If I put the seller's name out there they would ban me from their site. Sad to say but they are really only looking out for their seller's since that's where they make their money. In the last couple of years they/eBay has made available the option for seller's to keep the record's of their selling items private. They claim that it is for the protection of buyer's but it is really for the benefit of the seller.  I exposed several seller's to eBay that was Shill bidding on their auctions to run the final price up and they did nothing about it! The only thing that they did was to hide the identity of the bidders and claimed that they did it for their protection of getting spammed. This is done so the bidder that is bidding on an item can't check out other bidders to see if they are being shill bidded on. I think that this information should be available to buyers but the way eBay has their rules set up if a buyer lists their buying information they will ban them and protect the seller.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:21 am

its a pain yet u can also file with teh attorney generals office in ebays state- also they are insurance underwritten & u can get to the underwriters info on them also.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:55 am

There is more fake products sold on eBay than there probably is in the whole country and eBay or the FBI will do nothing about it! There's just to much money for eBay to lose out on for them to really investigate seller's and pull their auctions & they are not going ban them for sure.They charge a listing fee & a final value fee that totals up to at least 9% of the final price. Then PayPal a eBay company charges 3% for each transaction so that's 12% of the final price that eBay pockets. As the old saying goes Don't bite the hand that feeds you!
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:50 am

You just finding out about this now? this has been going on for years..in the music business they sell fake Microphones that are exact copies of name brands like Shure but they sound like s**t...its the world we live in....
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:10 am

Yeah this is the 1st time I have noticed it. It's a Damn sure good thing I know how to spell lol!
    They sound like Sh"t and the Mic and volume controls don't work either lol! 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:06 pm