VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

thermo stat gauge

wizarddust
    wizarddust

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2013-12-29

thermo stat gauge Empty thermo stat gauge

Post by wizarddust Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:46 pm

my thermostat gauge sits in the middle at cold then while running reads way over hot. i know its not overheating and the gauge is just off but is there a adjustment screw or something in the back of the gauge in the dash/console? looked underneath and i didnt see anything . just wondering. thanks
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

thermo stat gauge Empty Re: thermo stat gauge

Post by donivan65 Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:50 pm

You probably got the wrong temperature sending unit on the engine,,,,,it might be for a light instead of a gauge,,,,,,take the wire off the sending unit and turn on the key,,,,,watch what the gauge does,,,,,then touch the wire to ground....see if the gauge needle moves  the opposite way,,,,,if you can get the needle to move from one end to the other by taking off the wire and then touching the wire to metal, then get a new temperature sending unit for a gauge,,,,,,You might have a printed circuit back behind the dash,,,,,if you do,,,you might try and clean the contacts where the gauge connects,,,,
    wizarddust
    wizarddust

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2013-12-29

Post by wizarddust Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:34 pm

thanks donivan! i will try that this weekend... i hope to get some decent pics soon to do a proper introduction..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:40 am