VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

South Carolina cruise in

dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

South Carolina cruise in Empty South Carolina cruise in

Post by dan nachel Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:30 pm

Saturday 4/12/14 will be the first cruise-in this year. The chevy club of columbia has a cruise in every month from april till nov. on the second saturday of the month. I know there are new members in Spartanburg and Charleston. And probably others near by. It would be great if we could get several earlies together. Mine gets a lot of attention every time I go. If you are interested in showing yours, its FREE. Located in the Big Lots parking lot on Hwy 1 about 2 to 3 miles south of I-26 Exit 110. Rolling Eyes Cars start showing up around 3:00 p.m. and stay until around 7:00 p.m.
    playnpossum
    playnpossum

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2014-02-17

South Carolina cruise in Empty Re: South Carolina cruise in

Post by playnpossum Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:41 pm

I'm new to the site here in Spartanburg. I know of one other member local and one of my neighbors that's a non member but looks at VV. I'd love to make this cruise in but my vans not quite ready yet. I am interested in hooking up with other members and owners to make a show at one of these events. Thanks for letting us know about this one, wish I could make it!
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Post by dan nachel Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Hey Possum, sorry to hear your van isn't ready. But if it is running and can make the trip....it IS ready. I started showing mine when I first got it. That is what I like about cruise ins, if you go on a regular basis, people get to see your project as it progresses. You also get a lot of good information, just like this site. If you get a chance, let the other local owner know about the cruise in, in case he doesn't see this post.
    playnpossum
    playnpossum

Post by playnpossum Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Dan, na the van isn't really ready. Tires are dry rotted its a shame, they look brand new! I haven't installed my new transmission bushing and I've got a freeze plug leaking. So busy in the shop I haven't had time to pull it in and fix it. I'll try to catch the next one.
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Bummer I have a wedding for one of my coworkers is getting married. I will try and make the next one, please let me know when it is. Looking forward to the first time I get to hang with some other vanners.
    playnpossum
    playnpossum

Post by playnpossum Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Columbia is a great Central spot for us to make a showing of vans. I'll hit the guys up that I know around here and see if we can catch one of the cruise ins. Sounds like a lot of fun! I spoke with lws67 but he's going to be at the rock that weekend for the mopar show. (Yes! I'm jealous!) Bryans truck is took apart so its not ready either. Let us know when there's another, I'd love to go its only about 80 miles from me.
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Post by dan nachel Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:57 pm

Well, sorry you guys can't make it, but they are held the SECOND (2ND) Saturday of each month April through November. Hope to see ya'll next month.
    Van Halen
    Van Halen

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2010-04-30

Post by Van Halen Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:33 am

I would like to try and make one of these!
    hillsrunner33
    hillsrunner33

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2014-05-21

Post by hillsrunner33 Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:15 am

I'm a new member as well form Hendersonville(Asheville) NC. I just got mine home (picked it up in AZ) and running pretty good. I'll try to make the next one if I'm in town. There's a local car show in Hendersonville tonight and a pretty good sized show/auction at the WNC AG Center on July 5-6th.
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Post by dan nachel Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Hope to see you here soon
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Post by dan nachel Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:59 pm

Hey everyone in the Carolinas, this Saturday (8/9/14) is the second Saturday of the month. That means......CRUISE IN AT FAT BOYS ....Hwy #1 about 1 mile south of I-26, West Columbia. Ya'll come.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am