VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Wheel Cylinder ?

dulcimerbob
    dulcimerbob

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

Wheel Cylinder ? Empty Wheel Cylinder ?

Post by dulcimerbob Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:54 pm

What is the thread size for the brake line on the wheel cyl ? Mine are so rusty I need to get a tap and chase the threads so I can install the lines or would it be better just to replace the wheel cyl altogether . They're pretty cheap. Thanks
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Wheel Cylinder ? Empty Re: Wheel Cylinder ?

Post by dan nachel Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:19 pm

I would just replace them. If they are rusty, they will end up giving you trouble sooner or later
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Number of posts : 384
    Registration date : 2012-01-08

Post by 66ThunderVan Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Replace them. You wont be able to chase the threads without special tools. Do a search. The part numbers are there and they are not that expensive. If you have rust on the outside you might have it in the system as well and rebuilding cylinders is a crap shoot anyway. The only part you can't get, new or rebuilt, is the dual master cylinder in the 67. Rebuild kits can be had, for it, but are hard to find. I try to keep a spare on hand because they might become unavailable. If you have rust you should change the brake lines. Brake failure in an early is a "white knuckle" experience with that big picture window and not much metal between you and the crash! Ask me how I know!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:31 am