VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+8
westcoastvanner
A100 Wrench
66mnecotruck
vanny
Joe Van
Nightmoves
xjamesx
67VanHelsing
12 posters

New to the Forum and the world of Vannin

67VanHelsing
    67VanHelsing

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2014-03-04

New to the Forum and the world of Vannin Empty New to the Forum and the world of Vannin

Post by 67VanHelsing Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:41 pm

New to the Forum and the world of Vannin 20140312New to the Forum and the world of Vannin 20140311Hey All,

Thought I'd come on here and introduce myself. I'm a new to the forum and so far I'm diggin it, especially all the useful info and van inspiration. There are some pretty sweet vans on here!! Just picked up a 67 G10 Window Van myself, been looking for the right van for approximately a year and finally found it on Craigslist last Sunday. Paid $1600 for it, had been sitting for 16yrs, unfortunately the motor is seized and to top it off, the PO broke the crank bolt off. FML, anyhow, I look forward to hear from you all!
    xjamesx
    xjamesx

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

New to the Forum and the world of Vannin Empty Re: New to the Forum and the world of Vannin

Post by xjamesx Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Welcome to VV! Apparently, posting pics has got a few glitches today but we all love seeing new members and vans on here so post away once the higher-ups figure out the picture problem.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

New to the Forum and the world of Vannin Empty Re: New to the Forum and the world of Vannin

Post by Nightmoves Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:18 am

Welcome in to Vintage-Vans.Lot of great folks sharing here,join in.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:30 am

WELCOME TO VV.!!!. cheers ..Nice looking Solid Sports Van at a Great Price.....Make sure there actually is a broken bolt in the crank Shaft some of the early 8cly motors did not have a bolt holding them on like my 283 in my 66 Chevy Nova it was just pressed on no bolt or hole in the crank not sure about the 6 cly tho...
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:04 am

Welcome to VV! Lots of Great people here willing to assist in any way they can. Congratts on scoring a nice solid van.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    66mnecotruck
    66mnecotruck

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2014-02-15

Post by 66mnecotruck Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:45 am

Welcome!
    A100 Wrench
    A100 Wrench

Number of posts : 572
    Registration date : 2013-05-12

Post by A100 Wrench Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:07 am

Welcome and enjoy the adventure.
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Number of posts : 1686
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by westcoastvanner Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:30 am

Welcome!
    67VanHelsing
    67VanHelsing

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2014-03-04

Post by 67VanHelsing Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:57 am

Thanks Everyone.  This will definately be my #1 source for information!

JOE VAN wrote:WELCOME TO VV.!!!. cheers ..Nice looking Solid Sports Van at a Great Price.....Make sure there actually is a broken bolt in the crank Shaft some of the early 8cly motors did not have a bolt holding them on like my 283 in my 66 Chevy Nova it was just pressed on no bolt or hole in the crank not sure about the 6 cly tho...

I posted a pic of the crank pulley hoping a Van guru could shed some light on exaclty what you're talking about.  My dad told me the same thing and I didn't believe him.  As far as I can tell it's broken, but without the engine out it's hard to tell with the years of oil and dirt built up around it.
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:34 am

Welcome to the world of your new disease for which there is no known cure: Vanitis.  Good luck with the van and this is the place for info, many times I search old posts and find photos that show exactly what I was trying to figure out plus the direct replies you get when asking questions, no matter how basic they are!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:52 am

get a mirror & peek in the center of dampner -can also get a metal pick - insert in the hole & see if there are any threads or a broken bolt?/ likely is a broken bolt?? as engine is frozen & someone tried turning the crank & broke it off??
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:59 am

Welcome to VV!!!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Welcome to vintage vans lots of good gm people here to help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 am