VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

price is to high

dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

price is to high Empty price is to high

Post by dodge man Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:09 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-1973-Mopar-Large-Hi-Lo-Sealed-Beam-Headlamp-Headlight-Bulb-6012-NOS-Mopar-/291007390374?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c16462a6&vxp=mtr
    i cant understand how people can price headlamp bulb for this much, is there something i'm missing, my luck a bulb that old would burn out the first time i turn it on, i know we live in a time were prices are high, but this is crazy, does anyone ever pay these prices? i see this all over ebay and other selling forums,
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

price is to high Empty Re: price is to high

Post by EconoCarl Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:45 pm

The guy doing a 100 point restoration and only lacking this particular headlamp would probably buy it. But then again, a hundred bucks to that guy don't mean the same as my Franklin does to me!
    mikeysly
    mikeysly

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2012-05-29

Post by mikeysly Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:28 am

can you guys straighten me out on this? is the reason the price is so high only because it's new unused and in it's original box? would an original headlight with the raised script "sealed beam" also be pricey?
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:16 am

It's not just about parts that actually go on the cars all the time either. I have been in a few non-descript pole buildings over the years that have corners turned into 50's style Soda Fountains and the Old Corner Garage. One even had a small warehouse of new/old parts just for bragging rights as far as I could tell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:44 am