VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Vannin the Documentary Movie Debut in Chicago

BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Vannin the Documentary Movie Debut in Chicago Empty Vannin the Documentary Movie Debut in Chicago

Post by BvrWally Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:00 am

Laughing Well.... call us "Crazy" but Jewels & I drove 800+ miles round trip to Chicago last weekend to view the "Vannin" documentary movie!!!!! LOL We departed Ohio at 9 am Saturday morning, arrived at our hotel downtown @ 3PM CST! Clocks rolled back an hour crossing over in Illinois! NOW, I remember why I hate driving in that city!!!!!!!! After a short lay over in our room, we headed out for the theater. NOW, we find out that our "Smart" phone's server didn't work as planned??? GPS was nill???? Made a call to our friend Howard, and he talked us through it! Luckily, we departed our hotel early enough to allow for the traffic! Found the theater and there was a large crowd standing out front under the Marque! The theater's boiler had quit the day previously, but that didn't hamper the crowd and their enthusiasm for the "Debut!" Over 400 people from 7 states were in attendance! The movie was very well put together, with additional footage from old films including the B.F. Goodrich movie "Free Wheelin"! Overall, it was approximately one hour in length! It was swell seeing it on a large theater screen! A Q & A session followed the movie, and one of the questions was when it would be made available as a DVD? They said, after the run at the festivals next year, maybe by the end of the summer?
    Sadly, we didn't make the "After Party", being I was so Paranoid in regards to the traffic & drinking and driving after such, so we headed back to the hotel.
    Departing early Sunday morning, we missed the terrible weather and damaging storms that seemed to be at our backs as we sped towards Ohio!
    Being that the film will be available during the C of C this upcoming year, you should surely go and see it! This film is definitely a shot in the arm for the "Van Movement"! We are very fortunate that Howard Furtak (Midwest Vans Ltd. Chicago), who I have personally know for 40+ years, was able to get these young film producers "On-Board" for this film! They did a "Superb" job!!!!!!!

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:38 pm