VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

A100 -gas tanks in canada??

A100 -gas tanks in canada?? Empty A100 -gas tanks in canada??

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:10 pm

The gas tank for our 68 a100 is toast, already been lined once , they want $400 to refinish??? Preferably I'd like to get a aftermarket tank as apposed to a rebiult one. One of the members indicated that JC Whitney had a tank/sender unit that could be utilized. There catalogue only goes back to 70 for these vans and the people there aren't much help. Does anyone know the item or product numbers I should be ordering that will work in this van. Barring that any of you fellow EH! people know a Canadian distributor or decent tank I could find. I think shipping a used tank here from the US and still have to fix it wouldn't make sense. Any help would be great, Thanks, Mike.
    69 a 100
    69 a 100

Number of posts : 142
    Registration date : 2009-01-03

A100 -gas tanks in canada?? Empty Re: A100 -gas tanks in canada??

Post by 69 a 100 Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:36 pm

well i dont know where you can get a new gas tank but im getting a fuel cell for mine nhra rules, but i dont know how soon if your not in a hurry ill give you a email when i go to get rid of mine, mine is in mint shape
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:14 pm

Haven't even really started ripping into my earlies yet... Couldn't tell you. Sorry.

A100 -gas tanks in canada?? Empty gas tank

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 am

69 a 100 wrote:well i dont know where you can get a new gas tank but im getting a fuel cell for mine nhra rules, but i dont know how soon if your not in a hurry ill give you a email when i go to get rid of mine, mine is in mint shape

That would be great please email if it comes in., Mike.
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:37 pm

I was looking under my van the other day and noticed no rust on the underbody but quite a bit on the compodents including the gas tank, and even than it doesn't leak I worry that it will someday and I also wonder if it it's rusted outside what does the inside look like. As for JC Whitney I wish I would have save some of those old catalogs, does anyone remember Warshawsky co. I think JC Whitney bought them out. I also don't think JC Whitney has the parks like they use to have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:21 pm