VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

radiator core how many rows was stock ?

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

radiator core how many rows was stock ? Empty radiator core how many rows was stock ?

Post by rustytoolss Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:51 pm

The 64 A100 pickup I just bought (273/auto) has a mopar 4 core radiator. Since I'm just getting started with A100s . Is that what it would have come with ? I do know that the original engine in the truck was a slant 6( converted to V8/auto).
    Also what would be the correct core sizes (measuring just the core). Or overall measurements . The man I bought the truck from did not do the conversion.
    rustyspoke66
    rustyspoke66

Number of posts : 180
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

radiator core how many rows was stock ? Empty Re: radiator core how many rows was stock ?

Post by rustyspoke66 Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:46 pm

The VIN tag should tell you what came with the van.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

radiator core how many rows was stock ? Empty Re: radiator core how many rows was stock ?

Post by dix Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:29 pm

most likley the rad was upgraded the / 6 top and bottom in and out would have been on the wrong side. I don't have the measurements. And I do not beleive  they used a 4 core BUT i could be wrong, Good to hear you found one . missed ya at norwalk...
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:20 am

rustyspoke66 wrote:The VIN tag should tell you what came with the van.
    It came with a slant six, 3 speed manual, 3.91 . I do not yet know what the rear end ratio is at this point, may have been changed also( have not gotten that far) But the six was replaced with a 273. And the 3spd manual was replaced with a 727 short tail shaft automatic.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:33 am

dix wrote:most likley the rad was upgraded the / 6 top and bottom in and out would have been on the wrong side. I don't have the measurements. And I do not beleive  they used a 4 core BUT i could be wrong, Good to hear you found one .  missed ya at norwalk...
    I was at Norwalk, talked with a few guys Don't know there names. Some guy dark hair, glasses, gotee. and another heavy set man with a blue a100 pickup ( he moved it to a spot farther away from the rest of you guys after he washed it.  I spent quite a bit of time talking to Steve Scott about parts.
     You might remember me I was asking about air conditioning.Rolling Eyes  And I was there when the guy with the HotWheels pickup pulled the wheelie, on the pit row road near your groups location.
     And getting information about disc brakes.
     I was showing the guys pictures of my 64 A100 pickup when it was delivered (pictures were on my camera).
    Thanks for all the information.  Hope to have my pickup at next years Norwalk show. Shawn
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:45 pm

well i missed talking with you at norwalk. the gotee is Bill Carson he's on this site as well, hot wheels was pulling wheel stands all week end,Hope you got the info you came for... Did you see the disc brakes we are all running ???

Post by rustytoolss Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:25 pm

dix wrote:well i missed talking with you at norwalk.  the gotee is Bill Carson he's on this site as well, hot wheels was pulling wheel stands all week end,Hope you got the info you came for... Did you see the disc brakes we are all running ???
    I looked at the disc brakes. I only asked Steve Scott about his system. Using 1987 Dodge Dakota 4X4 parts. Sounded good. Is that what most are using ? Are the pre made systems a better choice?
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:31 pm

the dakota system is scottie's design . only a hand full of us are running them. his deal only thing you have to remember is 87/88 dakota where scarbird is using parts from this and that. and will cost 3x.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:59 pm