VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
G-Man
chester42
61econoline
Joe Van
Bluelemon
9 posters

Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL

Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL Empty Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL

Post by Bluelemon Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:51 pm

November 16, 2013 at Carlisle Events Zepyrhills AutoFest.  A continuation of Kirk from CustomVan.com's  northern shows, most recently at Carlisle All Truck.

Be Part of the Onsite Show Car Display
    Limited Field of Cars Showcased During Fall AutoFest

If you have a show worthy gem that you like to show off at local shows and cruise-ins, we've got something just for you. New for Fall AutoFest, you can register to be part of a special onsite collector car display. The display is limited to 250 cars and registration is just $25 per car. The first 150 registrations receive a limited edition dash plaque and all registered guests will gain access to Fall AutoFest for the entire weekend with on grounds parking. Best of all, you may also bring one guest. If paid for daily with a guest, you'd be paying more than twice that amount and have to do some walking to get on grounds.

In addition, you'll be positioned just inside of the vendor gate on the north side of the grounds. This is where our celebrities will be positioned and will see heavy foot traffic all weekend.

Online registration will be available soon or you can call 717-243-7855. Pre-registration runs through Friday, November 8. If you don't pre-register, you will need to do so onsite beginning Friday, November 11. Have fun and join us at Zephyrhills.
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL Empty Re: Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL

Post by Bluelemon Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Hey Jim.Smile . CVAN and I have been talking back and forth to Bufflo Bob ,Dan'o, and RV, we heard this is a HUGE event this would be a GREAT place to bring Red Ryder and a good time of year also not too HOT.!!!! We are going to get together at JR and Glendas Labor Day Evant and see if we can come up with a plan to get some Vanners from the Florida Van council to go I know its not far from Ritchie Riches house so we can all stay there instead of driving home the same day we should have some sort of a plan worked out by then.cheers ................see ya.....JOE VAN..............
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Joe,  More details on registration early this comming week.  They may ask for pictures to post on website and other media.
    Richie, Dano, Judith, Joe Madonia, Oop and I are already 'in'.
    Parking details and Registration to come have just been updated on Carlisle website.
    More details as they become available from Event Manager and Registration. We will register as Vanorama when website is updated.
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL Empty Zephyrhills

Post by 61econoline Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Mad Hey Jim,My van is not show material I do however attend at least on day of this event. The auction is cool and the swap meet is large.Hope to meet some of you all there. mick
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Hey Mick, Didn't You have a V8 P/U ?
    I'm hearing all good stuff about the fairgrounds. I'll find more details in the comming week on how specific they want to be. Primary idea is to show vans to the Public that we are still driving them !
    $25 gate pass for van and 2 people is alot cheaper than w/e pass for one, and you get to park inside !!!

Ocono Florida is sponsoring an Old Econoline Meet at Old Town in Kisimmee on Nov 2 if You want to join in.

Either way, looking forward to Meeting You in Person,
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Hey Mick, Didn't You have a V8 P/U ?
    I'm hearing all good stuff about the fairgrounds. I'll find more details in the comming week on how specific they want to be. Primary idea is to show vans to the Public that we are still driving them !
    $25 gate pass for van and 2 people is alot cheaper than w/e pass for one, and you get to park inside !!!

Ocono Florida is sponsoring an Old Econoline Meet at Old Town in Kisimmee on Nov 2 if You want to join in.

Either way, looking forward to Meeting You in Person,
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:54 am

HEY JIM do we pre reg or pay when we get there what did you guys do.??? It would be GREAT if we can get some other Vanners that are not in the Florida Van Council even to come Saturday for the day it would be nice to meet some of the VV members that live in Florida they don't all have to be show vans we just need to show everyone that VANNING is still alive and well...Smile ..........................
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:30 am

Trying to get everyone We can. No Council or year/model restriction. Posted on other forums also...
    Will have more details this week on registration details. They will need a number based on registration to know how to arrange parking, but already noted, We will be right up front as the Public come in !
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:00 am

Scan thru what was posted for All Truck to get and idea of what was done for the vans up there.   https://www.facebook.com/#!/TruckNationals
    This was the second year for All Truck.   The Zhills Autofest can develop into something big also......Late start this year, but if We impress the Carlisl Staff, they can really be Friends of Vanning !
    61econoline
    61econoline

Post by 61econoline Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:58 pm

Jim, Yes I sold the Pick-up awhile back working on a 61 van now slowly lol. It will eventually be running a 289 /c4/ auto with a 9inch rear.I will be at the show work wont allow the weekend but I will make it on a sat or sun. Mick
    chester42
    chester42

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by chester42 Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:23 am

Hay guys,
    Judy and I will be there on Saturday with our 64 G10. Wife has always bugged me to go to this show, however it was never much of a car show. Now with the Carlisle group running it, lets hope they can develop it into a show like the one in PA. Maybe we can get an area to park all vans in a group.
    Looking forward to meeting you all !

Later, Lester
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:56 am

Lester,
    Thanks for the reply ! Will have more information soon on the registration.
    Yes, the vans will all be parked together inside the main gate.
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:30 pm

JOE VAN wrote:HEY JIM do we pre reg or pay when we get there what did you guys do.??? It would be GREAT if we can get some other Vanners that are not in the Florida Van Council even to come Saturday for the day it would be nice to meet some of the VV members that live in Florida they don't all have to be show vans we just need to show everyone that VANNING is still alive and well...Smile ..........................

Online registration has been updated so Anyone can register. Club will default to Vanorama; important to show this so they know how many spots to allocate. Also has place for year, make and model of Van.
    This eVANt is 'non denominational' in that any van is welcome to attend; no Club or Council required.
    I think it would be good for the FVC to set up a table for perspective new members....
    61econoline
    61econoline

Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL Empty registration

Post by 61econoline Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:48 pm

just registered for this event see you all in nov Mick
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:35 am

Thanks Nick. I'm on the road to MidSouth in AR. Will be offline for a few days; no internet at campground.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:10 pm

HEY Jim we dissused about the Vanorama  show at the meeting at JR and Glendas and we all decided to bring a small tarp and set up a booth for FVC membership info, and other vanning events I will be  pre registering in a week or so.!!!!!!! Do you plan on makeing it to the Keys Truckin this year?? Its the 40th anniversary.cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Sounds like a Good idea to have a booth/table for FVC Membership.
    I just got back from driving the 65 with Burro to AR for the 11th Econo MidSouth Meet.
    Personally will be getting some stuff done here at home and getting things together for GSVR IX......
    Then three w/e in Florida !

Looking forward to Vanorama for the w/e on Nov 6. I think there are 15 registered so far.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:36 am

Finnaly I am Pre Reg'ed.cheers .There is a bunch of us from the FVC that are going cant wait should have my new wing mounted and maby some inteior door panels.!!!!! Hey Jim do you have a updated head count on the Vans so far.???????
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:37 am

Joe,   Got back late last night from OldTown Kissimmee.
    Don't have a registration count, plus a few are registering when they get there.
    I was supposed to be staying down in FL, but many changes with Family issues here.
    Will try to make FVC Pig Roast this w/e, but definitely be in ZHills on the 13th and be there 14-17.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:26 am

Well just got back from Zephyrhills Van /Car show Despite the rain Friday night and Saturday morning we had a good turnout.cheers ..We had 12 vans and we were the hit of the show.!!!!.. We got 10 possible new members for Florida 5 for sure including one of our members from VV from largo Fl... When people saw all the vans they came from everywhere almost everyone said they had or new someone that had a custom van all the kids were going crazy we even had a older couple walk by me in there late 80's and say look honey at all the SEX MACHINES...lol! .!!!!Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0416                                          Got out of work Friday earley and left around 3 oclock and it was raining.!!! The Van ran GREAT with no issues it was a 150 mile round trip for me.!!!!..I was in the garage until 10:30 the night before waxing and detailing the van.Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0417[/urlVanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0418Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0419Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0421Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0422 Got to the camp grounds about 6 oclock and some vanners were all ready there.!!!!!!!!!
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:47 am

Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0424GOT to the fairgrounds about 8 am the place was packed.!!!!!!!Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0423 ...........Found the area for VAN'S and started setting up.!!!!!!!!Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0426Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0427Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0428Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0429Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0430Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0431Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0432Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0433Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0434
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:58 am

Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0435Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0436Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0437Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0438.................                                                                            .Anybody need a radiator for there Van.!!!!!!!Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0439                                                                                                                                 OR maby a set of rims and tires.!!!!!!!!.cheers
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:16 am

Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0440                  OR how about a new crate motor there was a New 383 stroker for 3k.scratch ...........Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0441Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0442Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0443 ...Maby a 150  HP Custom  chopper for $18,500.. It was a GREAT DEAL.....Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0444Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0445  OK if that dose not float your boat how about somthing for you guys up NORTH a custom chromed out SNOW BLOWER with craigers...cheers cheers .......OR a chromed out TILLER.!!!!!....Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0446Vanorama at Zephyrhills, FL 105_0447
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:23 am

Great van turn out and nice vans

Those guys with the snow blower and tiller have to much time on there hands LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:30 pm