VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
mikeysly
jimthefred
dix
G-Man
Gothboy
3onthetree
10 posters

Look what followed me home last week

3onthetree
    3onthetree

Number of posts : 308
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Look what followed me home last week Empty Look what followed me home last week

Post by 3onthetree Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:29 am

Found this on the local Craigslist and had to have it.  Punched in the nose pretty hard, but with the help of some guys on this site, I found the front right clip I need, so we will start to get it put on in the next few weeks.

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week 20130712" />

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week 20130713" />

[img]Look what followed me home last week 20130716[/img]

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week 20130715" />
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Look what followed me home last week Empty Re: Look what followed me home last week

Post by 3onthetree Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:34 am

It is the passenger van, so it has all the interior panels, back seats, and cool trim on the dash.

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week 20130717" />

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week 20130718" />

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week 20130719" />

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week 20130720" />

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week 20130721" />
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Look what followed me home last week Empty Re: Look what followed me home last week

Post by 3onthetree Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:36 am

This very cool step in the van too, I have not ever seen one, but I have never had a passenger van. Works like new, just needs some repair where the rod connects to the door.

[img]Look what followed me home last week 20130722[/img]

[img]Look what followed me home last week 20130723[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:38 am

My wife says I am a hoarder, but I knew I would have a need for these 14 inch Cragar old school wires with spinner caps...

[img]Look what followed me home last week Img_1727[/img]

[img]Look what followed me home last week Img_1728[/img]
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:32 am

That IS a pretty hard hit... But still a really rad van man! Smile
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:44 am

Yah. I found the complete right side of another van for 300 bucks. It will be a few day project, but I had to save this one from the crusher. Way too cool to lose it.

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:55 am

nice save!!! This van is worth the time. You have a ton of rare parts on it also
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Nice project. If that old girl followed you home then you should call her Mutt.

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2012-01-15

Post by jimthefred Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Thats not to bad a hit, Should be a pretty straight forward repair. That is gonna be one beautiful van when fixed! You keeping the frosty blue? Cool 

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:07 pm

looks like a keeper to me. good save been looking for that back seat( think it folds down )joe c
    mikeysly
    mikeysly

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2012-05-29

Post by mikeysly Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:08 am

refined, discriminating taste......DOOD! (approval,to say the least..)
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:18 am

Thanks guys...I am always looking for cars, not just Econolines, although they seem to find me....

I did cut the tires last night to make some white walls for the Cragars. The tires are like new on this thing! Look pretty cool with wide whites.

Before I started cutting....

[img]Look what followed me home last week Img_1729[/img]

Just starting....

[img]Look what followed me home last week Img_1730[/img]

After a full cut with 80 grit sanding wheel....

[img]Look what followed me home last week Img_1731[/img]

And after final cut with 120 grit on the DA...

[img]Look what followed me home last week Img_1732[/img]
    Murdock
    Murdock

Number of posts : 313
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

Post by Murdock Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Nice job on the wheels. THis is the only other time I have seen it done and no issues? Also, I have never seen a split bench seat in a van, only the Falcon cars, I believe that to be pretty rare. Looking forward to pics of the front right fix.
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:48 am

We got the donor van last night. Gonna start on Monday with the repair.

[img]Look what followed me home last week Img_2110[/img]
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:00 am

Can't wait to see your progress!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:59 am

Those long arm mirrors are worth about a $100.00 for the pair so there's some of your $300.00 investment right there.

Duane in Tennessee
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:42 am

Got the seats out, doors off, and most of the dash stripped.  If anyone needs any parts, let me know and Ill see it is on this van.  Got most of the rivets drilled out to get the nose off.  Tomorrow I think we will have this one stripped and out of here, with all the parts I can save in plastic bins.

Let me know if you guys need anything.

Brian

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week Img_2111" />

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week Img_2112" />

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week Img_2113" />

Look what followed me home last week <a href=Look what followed me home last week Img_2114" />
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:02 am

You don't waste any time at all. Looks like that'll fix you up nicely! Congrats and thanks for the pics!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:05 am

econopoor wrote:Those long arm mirrors are worth about a $100.00 for the pair so there's some of your $300.00 investment right there.

Duane in Tennessee
    Sold them on Ebay this morning....75 bucks. Also found 3 NOS gauges still in the box, for Amp meter, Oil pressure, and the oil pressure sender, brand new from 1965! I will for sure pay for the van and get the parts I needed for the other vans for free....just a little work, and stripping a van is not that hard....
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks alot Vanny, hoping to have her buttoned up by early next week. Should not be a problem.

vanny wrote:You don't waste any time at all. Looks like that'll fix you up nicely! Congrats and thanks for the pics!
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:16 am

Got the front nose cut off, and the dash cut out.

[img]Look what followed me home last week Img_2215[/img]

[img]Look what followed me home last week Img_2216[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:29 am

econopoor wrote:Those long arm mirrors are worth about a $100.00 for the pair so there's some of your $300.00 investment right there.

Duane in Tennessee
    Thanks for the info, got 75 bucks for them on Ebay in about 20 minutes!

Brian
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:33 am

And check out what I found in the van. In a bag. 3 NOS parts still in the box. Amp Meter gauge, oil pressure gauge, and oil pressure sending unit. Very cool. Treasures!

3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:27 am

Got the nose cut off the one that had been punched. Getting ready to fit on the new panel.

[img]Look what followed me home last week Img_2311[/img]

[img]Look what followed me home last week Img_2312[/img]
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:35 pm

So that's what it looks like under the dash! You also got the fiberglass dash skirt which is much sought after, SCORE! Too bad the nose had to be cut up, could've made another Econobar! LOL Keep up the nice work! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:51 am