VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Engine Wiring.......

Engine Wiring....... Empty Engine Wiring.......

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:41 am

When I got my 66 the engine was just re-installed after a re-build. However, all the the electrics are just hanging by the wires.....Starter solenoid, Voltage regulator and so on. Does someone have a diagram or picture of where the components mount?

Also, where does the battery sit?

Thanks
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Engine Wiring....... Empty Re: Engine Wiring.......

Post by Barnabas Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 pm

The battery sits in a special box behind the drivers seat.

Voltage regulator is on the inside of the doghouse in front of the radiator.

Starter solenoid is inside the doghouse, up high, over the starter.

Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Its going to take some pictures as well as a lot of posts in order to help. Especially with the question of where does the battery go...LOL........ The battery goes into a metal box with a removable lid on it that goes partially under the drivers seat in the back of it. I am going to take some pictures for you of the starter solinoid, the alternator and the regulator and name all the parts for you. It may take me a day or two here inbetween orders, but that will be much easier for you to understand in the long run and cut down the time in posts,,,,, Here is a schematic for a generator setup, I have thousands of pictures to help, so will post some more later on this evening. This one still pretty much shows all the wires except for if you have an alternator.
     The alternator will have initials embosed on the back of it with lettering that matches the lettering or words on the regulator itself. All you have to do is plug the block into the regulator and read the wording, copy and trace that color wire to the back of the alternator and then you have matched the correct wire to the correct post on the alternator. The one marked BAT means to the battery,,, which is tied in on the starter solinoid on the same one that the battery connects to. The large qauge wire in the back of it goes to the starter.
    vic
    Engine Wiring....... Charge10
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Here is another one real quickly,,,
    vic

Engine Wiring....... 1964_a10

Engine Wiring....... Genera10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:48 pm