VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Bummer!! need to buy a windshield

stabbinwagon
    stabbinwagon

Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2011-10-07

Bummer!! need to buy a windshield Empty Bummer!! need to buy a windshield

Post by stabbinwagon Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:43 pm

So today i pulled the windshield out from its safe storage spot,where it sat for the past year tucked away from the 2 year old and 5 year old,the dog etc.Cleaned it up really good ,spent about half an hour putting new seal around it,called a budy to come help hold it up while i reinstalled it.Pulled out the rope got installed stood back and looked at it...and said to my friend "does that corner look like it's sticking out a bit?" Then i smacked it with the palm of my hand ,,gently,,and then I watched the crack form right infront of me...long story short I need a new windshield....anyone near san diego ? how much do they generally run? Thanks-Seth
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Bummer!! need to buy a windshield Empty Re: Bummer!! need to buy a windshield

Post by Old Skool Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:08 pm

I have one in a 67 five wndw I am parting out. It was brand new and not driven when I got the truck. Getting ready to take it and the new gasket out next week. PM me if interested,, I am in the San Fernando valley, close to Van Nuys, CA

Old Skool

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:20 am