VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
Digz
G-Man
dan nachel
7 posters

SLOWGETTER 66...

SLOWGETTER 66... Empty SLOWGETTER 66...

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:08 pm

My original thread was a disaster,I was so concerned with getting a flood of good advice,comments and encouragement,that the sheer lack of feedback caused a shift in attitude and I started responding to myself in a feeble attempt to mock all who didn't give a rats ass about my van or lack of restoration skills..
    Lookin back..how can I be angry when I didn't bring any improvement with the van to the table?! What the hell did I expect? a standing ovation for scrapping the crud off my three speed? so this time I'm going at this with an attempt at a different attitude,The van you see in the avitar is the challenge,so far i've got it up on jackstands,wheels off,radiator removed,master cylinder removed...could be months before I get the radiator and new master cylinder,put them on, prime the engine and run this thing..so I can work on figuring out a solution to the next problem...
    Those of you that struggle and get frustrated and rant...work with other members and fix your problems keep me motivated enough to hang on to this "A" for a coupla more years....
    see if i'm able to get anything done with this thing other than runnin my mouth about what i'm plannin for it!

SLOWGETTER 66... Empty Re: SLOWGETTER 66...

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Short version:
    The van runs,
    still got some things to get done,
    may take awhile.
    I'll keep ya posted.
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:56 pm

THE AVITAR LEAVES A LOT TO THE IMAGINATION. kEEP AT IT, SOME DAY IT WILL BE A REAL VAN.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Don't be fooled many vans here are projects and are worked on for years. The key to get them done is to keep at it, after a while the many tasks turn to a handful. Keep at it
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Yeah , it took me 2 years to go from POS to road worthy
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Some of us start on a project and then realize there's more work fixing it and find another one in better shape. Swapping everything over takes more time and sometimes a little cash, but in the long run it's a better way to go. I have nothing new to offer in my build thread since last summer, and with out a heated shop to work in and life itself, it can sometimes be a little discouraging. But...Comeing into these forums everyday and reading what others are doing and getting more ideas, keeps me going and looking forward to this summer when I can get back at it. Hopefully I can add to my thread this year and if not...that's ok..I am still learning and sharing with the grat people of this VV group.
    blue Oval
    blue Oval

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2012-07-24

Post by blue Oval Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 am

hey man what works for me is a running and driving list first .
    do nothing but that list . you'll go far stay on that list up grades later .
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:21 am

Yes-Keep at it=ALWAYS!!= just like mine - bought it as a stripped apart basket case. Great shapr yet everything was apart. in boxes & baggies. Also -having never done a van before its been a learning process as to where all fits & goes!! Woopie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:31 pm

make it fun, not like its a job, soon your list gets smaller and smaller, then step back and look how far you came cheers
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:26 pm

You need to log in , your showing up like a guest
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:55 pm

This August will be three years since i bought mine. It is a daily driver. I have added electronic ign, duel mater cyl, seats, (two diferent sets now), a five speed trans with all the linkage from shifter to drive shaft, wheels, new brake lines/hoses, newer front doors, sound deadener, floor repair, and a half ass temporary paint job. I'm in the process of building another front axle with disc brakes and rack n pinion steering. When the axle is done i will lift it and put 31x10.5x15s on it. When the body work is done I will put a real paint job on it. It all comes with time. Just do what you can, when you can.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:11 am

All my talk has gotten alotta great responses from many a van enthusiast out there,anything thats been asked about or commented on has not only been to learn about this particular A100,
    it's also been to see who cares,
    about getting a resto rookie on the road,
    plenty of you give a great deal of a damn,about our dream of finally getting out and driving this van,
    I'm grateful to you and all your valued info.
    once I make some progress with pics to show you,I'll post em. pirat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:12 am