VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

front leafs and shocks

front leafs and shocks  Empty front leafs and shocks

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:43 am

hello to all

i just finished changing my front shackls, i thought it would have fixe my F.A.s (fat ass syndrom) since they were curved in, looked like the truck had some hit on the drivers side, it hited the the part that hold the front leaf's eye, leaving the front leafs misaligne, so i rewelded the the part since it was badly welded(bad angle), i installed the new shackls, alot straiter but still lower one side than the other( about an inch), i ordered new shocks(31131 monroe), but they were'nt good!!!(one wasent coming out of the tube).

my question here is there a better brand than others?(gabriel acdelco or napa). and would it raise my suspension a little (equalize)? or would i have to rearc the leafs(both at the same time i imagine).

(i brought the truck last spring to suspension shop, all he did was changing the bushings for 200$). Suspect

any inputs would be apreciated....thanks..corrosive
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

front leafs and shocks  Empty Re: front leafs and shocks

Post by Digz Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:01 pm

I have had a couple here and even on an old truck my bro redid, that the culprit was one side or the other of the REAR springs making the front lean. I have heard some of the other brand guys saying the same thing. It might be something to check out.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:09 pm

i wll defintely look at this, thanks digz...thanks corrosive

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:57 am