VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Are regular maintenance parts easy to get at Napa, etc.?

Are regular maintenance parts easy to get at Napa, etc.? Empty Are regular maintenance parts easy to get at Napa, etc.?

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2008 12:25 pm

The van I'm just about ready to buy will need to be driven by me home. It's going to need a few things prior to the drive....are brake pads, slant 6 parts, etc. readily available at places like Napa? Will I have a hard time finding what I need along the road?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Are regular maintenance parts easy to get at Napa, etc.? Empty Re: Are regular maintenance parts easy to get at Napa, etc.?

Post by G-Man Mon May 26, 2008 2:13 pm

Can't tell you much about things like pads, but slant 6 parts should be able to be had at any parts store. Just don't bring it home on a Sunday. If Terry checks in here he should have those anwsers

Are regular maintenance parts easy to get at Napa, etc.? Empty Re: Are regular maintenance parts easy to get at Napa, etc.?

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2008 7:34 pm

My last application to the yahoo forum hasn't even been looked at, according to Yahoo. I don't think this Terry guy checks in anywhere too often. Am I the only A100 guy around here? Uh oh......

Last edited by enbro on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sat May 31, 2008 8:45 pm

enbro wrote:My last application to the yahoo forum hasn't even been looked at, according to Yahoo. I don't this Terry guy checks in anywhere too often. Am I the only A100 guy around here? Uh oh......

Enbro Your not the Only A-100 Guy here the others Just havent shown up Yet !!!!! Hey We can't let you Leave Now !!!!!!! ;)I am Just starting to GET USE TO THIS SECTION WITH SOME ONE POSTING IN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sat May 31, 2008 11:08 pm

This is not really a Chevy Van site, we got everyone here. The thing is, we got 950 members on the original site and only 50 have moved over to this new site,,,,,so far,,,,,you can still go back to the old site and see all the Dodge stuff we have going on.....

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:01 am

Okay, thanks. I hope to stay, I have no place else to go! :-)

It's pretty rough moving from one site to another, big challenge....but everyone will come I think.
    oo3

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by oo3 Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:57 pm

basic parts are not to hard to come by - i have a 66 - just to get an idea you can check the sites from napaonline or advance auto or autozone to get an idea - i have found here carquest actually has been pretty good for some parts also - for slant six info do check out slantsix.org - yes we need more dodge people to check in! - oo3

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:19 pm

Thanks Double O three. I'm just a little nervous about my trip on Wednesday to buy two vans to drive home. I just want to know that I can get stuff I may need easily enough.

Last edited by enbro on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:23 pm

There are alot of A100 members here, but some don't check in as offen as I would like. enbro we have a big Dodge crowd that comes to Baker's you should come down and check out the show.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:28 pm

Thanks G-Man, I'd love to but I won't be able to this year anyway...maybe next year's road trip!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:14 am

Brake shoes should be easy to get at NAPA, Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. The A-100's used the same brake shoes as the cars and the other Dodge trucks. You just need to know whether or not you have 11" front brakes or 10" front brakes.

If I remember right, the 10" shoes are P/N 333 and the 11" are P/N 337.

Last edited by nate the skate on Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:14 am

Awesome..I've been worrying about brakes and my whole trip.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:25 am