VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

E-brake cable from lever to equalizer?

BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

E-brake cable from lever to equalizer? Empty E-brake cable from lever to equalizer?

Post by BvrWally Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Does anyone have a picture of the attachment of the cable to the lever itself on one of these Vans? Don I know may chime in, but is on the road currently. I got this e-brake lever from him a few years back, and am ready to re-install it in my Van. I need a cable that goes from the lever to the equalizer bar. Or the "thing-a-ma-chig" that attaches to the cable to secure it on the cable on the e-brake lever bar assembly? I know I can purchase some aircraft cable locally, but still there is a small piece that attaches to the cable to hold it in place. Do I make sense? You have to have one apart, to know what I am talking about, and I do not have pics myself of it. Sad
    Thanks in advance guys! Smile
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

E-brake cable from lever to equalizer? Empty Re: E-brake cable from lever to equalizer?

Post by BvrWally Tue May 01, 2012 7:17 am

I believe this is the item I am talking about:
    E-brake cable from lever to equalizer? 4
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

E-brake cable from lever to equalizer? Empty Re: E-brake cable from lever to equalizer?

Post by BvrWally Thu May 03, 2012 7:04 am

Anyone know the diameter of the cable for the parking brake? I don't have my resource manual near by and need to purchase a cable.
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Thu May 03, 2012 7:41 am

I might have this cable in a box, if so you can have it.

I'll check tonight.
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Post by BvrWally Thu May 03, 2012 8:57 am

Thanks! Smile
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Thu May 03, 2012 12:31 pm

www.google.ca%2BSearch%2Bfor%2BBrake%252FWheel%2BHub%2BParking%2BBrake%2BCable%2BDORMAN" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1042861,parttype,1696,a,www.google.ca%2BSearch%2Bfor%2BBrake%252FWheel%2BHub%2BParking%2BBrake%2BCable%2BDORMAN
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Post by BvrWally Thu May 03, 2012 4:52 pm

M1D...thanks...I ordered one of these from RockAuto and should have it in a few days! Thanks guys!! Smile
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Thu May 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Good thing, I had an extra because of someone that parted a van out gave me a box of stuff. Well I dug out that cable you need and see that he cut the cable about four feet from the point where it splits to the back wheels.
    sandyvan
    sandyvan

Number of posts : 526
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

Post by sandyvan Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:43 pm

m1dadio wrote:www.google.ca%2BSearch%2Bfor%2BBrake%252FWheel%2BHub%2BParking%2BBrake%2BCable%2BDORMAN" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1042861,parttype,1696,a,www.google.ca%2BSearch%2Bfor%2BBrake%252FWheel%2BHub%2BParking%2BBrake%2BCable%2BDORMAN

Will this 68 part fit for my 65?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:27 am