VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+10
VanninBlaino
Digz
kookykrispy
sasktrini
Lyrad
organ grinder
cl350rr
G-Man
Rayallen
NipRing
14 posters

Things i saw at the junk yard today.

NipRing
    NipRing

Number of posts : 336
    Registration date : 2011-08-14

Things i saw at the junk yard today. Empty Things i saw at the junk yard today.

Post by NipRing Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Here's the pictures.
    Things i saw at the junk yard today. 44b6243e
    Things i saw at the junk yard today. F271a607
    Things i saw at the junk yard today. 4d708c8d
    Things i saw at the junk yard today. Cd204248
    Things i saw at the junk yard today. 7f933894

And the one i was really looking for (1st gen chevy) was in very sad shape Sad
    Things i saw at the junk yard today. 205dc4ae

But the BEST one i found looked like it has not been touched, everything seems to be there. They told me its been there 6-7 years. I'm going to pillage this one tomorrow morning pirat pirat pirat
    Things i saw at the junk yard today. 169ec697

Last edited by NipRing on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rayallen
    Rayallen

Number of posts : 648
    Registration date : 2011-06-27

Things i saw at the junk yard today. Empty Re: Things i saw at the junk yard today.

Post by Rayallen Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:27 pm

I need that side door on that econoline! Someone switched my panel vans with a window door and I want to swap it.
    NipRing
    NipRing

Things i saw at the junk yard today. Empty Re: Things i saw at the junk yard today.

Post by NipRing Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:30 pm

There were about a dozen econos in varying states. Actually i was wondering if this steering wheel horn ring was worth anything? It looks fragile and i was surprised it wasnt broken.
    Things i saw at the junk yard today. 3d979ff3
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:38 pm

bet you could make a few bucks off that Thames van, was that econo full of wood????
    NipRing
    NipRing

Post by NipRing Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Actually alot of the vans (any year) were stuffed with wood. Weird. Free storage i guess.
    cl350rr
    cl350rr

Number of posts : 287
    Registration date : 2011-07-31

Post by cl350rr Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:29 pm

NipRing wrote:There were about a dozen econos in varying states. Actually i was wondering if this steering wheel horn ring was worth anything? It looks fragile and i was surprised it wasnt broken.
    Things i saw at the junk yard today. 3d979ff3

the gauges look to be in good shape
    organ grinder

Number of posts : 149
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by organ grinder Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Hey Nipring
    Where in WI is that junkyard? Is it close to you in Waukesha? I'd like to check it out also but wouldn't be until Saturday that I could get there, maybe hook up with you and give you a hand??
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2011-01-20

Post by Lyrad Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 pm

I bet the funfur dash was worth a few style points back in the day, shagadelick. LOL. Oh yeah babe the bed is in the back.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:58 pm

I had wanted to get a horn ring like that, but that one says Falcon on it... not the one for me. However, all you have to do is press and twist counter clockwise to remove it (assuming there's no battery in there lol)... easy money cleaned up!
    NipRing
    NipRing

Post by NipRing Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 pm

sasktrini wrote:I had wanted to get a horn ring like that, but that one says Falcon on it... not the one for me. However, all you have to do is press and twist counter clockwise to remove it (assuming there's no battery in there lol)... easy money cleaned up!

I didnt grab it because i didnt know how to remove it. And i didnt know if it was worth the time. I'll grab it tomorrow.
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:53 pm

I need the radiator from the 2nd gen chevy if it is the wide crossflow style!!

Does the 2nd gen chevy have solid side doors? if so, I am interested

Also, please grab me those wipers if the stainless is in good shape.
    organ grinder

Number of posts : 149
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by organ grinder Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:20 am

I guess the location of this junkyard is a secret. Too bad, I might of found some parts I needed for my Econo.

My search continues...LOL
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:38 am

As a rule almost any horn ring on anything is going to be worth something if it isn't cracked or has the chrome blown out badly.
    VanninBlaino
    VanninBlaino

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-05-30

Post by VanninBlaino Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:38 am

The first picture looks like the van was dropped a couple hundred feet into that valley. They wouldnt have any other A100s there would they? Im looking for the pop outs that have the frames. I think the later years had frames?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks for posting the pics nipRing. I want to visit that yard.
    NipRing
    NipRing

Post by NipRing Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:58 pm

This is Jack's Auto Ranch in Ixonia. I spent the day with my buddy getting the doghouse out of that nice 2nd gen. I'll post a few more picks later. I'm beat.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:19 pm

That a big job getting that out
    NipRing
    NipRing

Post by NipRing Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:23 pm

We had a cordless sawzall and 8, yes 8, extra charged batteries. We used 4 batteries and 3 "torch" sawzall blades. My buddy is a shop instructor for job corps. So we just grabbed all the batteries out of the drills in his shop's gangbox. I owe him a steak dinner. Oh, and they charged me $25 for the dog house. We got it all, including the hump in the floor.
    Things i saw at the junk yard today. 235f9537
    cl350rr
    cl350rr

Number of posts : 287
    Registration date : 2011-07-31

Post by cl350rr Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:16 pm

looks rust free
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:47 pm

NipRing wrote:We had a cordless sawzall and 8, yes 8, extra charged batteries. We used 4 batteries and 3 "torch" sawzall blades. My buddy is a shop instructor for job corps. So we just grabbed all the batteries out of the drills in his shop's gangbox. I owe him a steak dinner. Oh, and they charged me $25 for the dog house. We got it all, including the hump in the floor.

And you didnt get me that battery box floor flange I've been begging everyone for???? Ugh...................
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:53 pm

VanninBlaino wrote:The first picture looks like the van was dropped a couple hundred feet into that valley. They wouldnt have any other A100s there would they? Im looking for the pop outs that have the frames. I think the later years had frames?

Nope the early ones had the metal frame. It changed sometime during the 66 model year's production.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:57 pm

sasktrini wrote:I had wanted to get a horn ring like that, but that one says Falcon on it... not the one for me. However, all you have to do is press and twist counter clockwise to remove it (assuming there's no battery in there lol)... easy money cleaned up!

If you remove the screw holding the Falcon button on you will see it says Econoline underneath it. It will have a hole dead center thru the 2nd "o" in EconOline. If you were rechroming it, it could be filled in and you'd never know the difference.
    VanninBlaino
    VanninBlaino

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-05-30

Post by VanninBlaino Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:14 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote:
    VanninBlaino wrote:The first picture looks like the van was dropped a couple hundred feet into that valley. They wouldnt have any other A100s there would they? Im looking for the pop outs that have the frames. I think the later years had frames?

Nope the early ones had the metal frame. It changed sometime during the 66 model year's production.

Mine is a 67 with frames. Maybe they were put in after the fact? Hmf. Thanks for the info!
    NipRing
    NipRing

Post by NipRing Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:28 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote:
    NipRing wrote:We had a cordless sawzall and 8, yes 8, extra charged batteries. We used 4 batteries and 3 "torch" sawzall blades. My buddy is a shop instructor for job corps. So we just grabbed all the batteries out of the drills in his shop's gangbox. I owe him a steak dinner. Oh, and they charged me $25 for the dog house. We got it all, including the hump in the floor.

And you didnt get me that battery box floor flange I've been begging everyone for???? Ugh...................

I didnt know you were looking. I'm going back plenty more anyway. I'll grab it.

Last edited by NipRing on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NipRing
    NipRing

Post by NipRing Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:34 pm

kookykrispy wrote:I need the radiator from the 2nd gen chevy if it is the wide crossflow style!!

Does the 2nd gen chevy have solid side doors? if so, I am interested

Also, please grab me those wipers if the stainless is in good shape.

It had a 250 in it, not a v8. So is it still a wide radiator? I can measure it if you'd like. But when we took it out the radiator, the frame got trashed. Two of the welded nuts came loose and just spun when we were trying to take out the bolts. Radiator untouched but its frame is gone. The side doors are bondo'd at the bottoms and the back doors are window doors and rusted open at the bottoms. But those wipers are real nice. I'll grab 'em.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:19 pm