VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
HandiVanMan
dix
6 posters

what does texting on the hiway look like

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

what does  texting on the hiway look like Empty what does texting on the hiway look like

Post by dix Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:21 pm

HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

what does  texting on the hiway look like Empty Re: what does texting on the hiway look like

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:15 pm

Not to good!!!
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

what does  texting on the hiway look like Empty Re: what does texting on the hiway look like

Post by Big W Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Bunch of people from work just went to a funeral of a woman who was talking to her husband while driving home on the highway. She never made it and the last thing he heard was his wife dying when the phone went dead. FOR GOD SAKE PEOPLE WAKE UP. Scrambling devises need to be installed in vehicles, so when the engine is running your phone won't work. I will show this vid to my kids, as I show them all vids that come along. all 3 drive now. thanks for sharing the vid.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:10 pm

It's not just cell phones that are causing distractions on the roads & highways. It's women putting make up on while on their way to work or to a date. Teens running around with their friends horse playing in the car. People reading news papers while driving, eating while driving, drinking while driving, paying attention to kids in the back seats, messing with the GPS or radio & much much more distractions that cause wrecks every second of every minuate in the world. I agree that people need to wake up & focus on the road & getting home to their family, job or where ever they are going alive. I have came upon several wrecks with fatilities in them a few of them were little children. Some were caused by drunk drivers & some just by drivers not paying attention to the road cause they were distracted by some of the above mentioned. I try to block out the bad wrecks that I have come upon but seeing something like this brings the memories back.

Last edited by HandiVanMan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:15 pm

I agree HandyVanMan, it's not just the cell phones. People need to get back to driving and quit everything else there doing when behind the wheel.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 pm

That's the way to do it Big W you got to teach them the right way or they won't know no better. I have heard people say I wouldn't let my kids see something like that but I think that is the only way to get the message across to them what the consequences can be from driving DUI, texting, talking on the phone or any other thing that takes your concentration off of the road.
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

Post by Roman Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:38 pm

Perfect timing!! At least whoever was in that SUV didn't feel themselves exploding.

Who knows what caused that accident. It could have been road head. Would you vote to outlaw that too?
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:29 pm

the driver kept hitting the brakes in the fast lane.altho the person behind him/her did a nice job with the camera never missed a beat.

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:27 pm

I saw of lot of txt'n,readin,phone conversations when folks looked they were on stage with gestures,when I drove a truck.Seems like there's so many things folks(me too)now days can do to be distracted.Last things on peoples mind while driving,is driving.I had to shared that post.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:22 pm

I WOULD HOPE EVERY ONE SHOWS THEIR CHILDREN/ AND LOVED ONES. IT TOOK ABOUT 5 SECONDS. NOT MUCH REACTION TIME.

Post by HandiVanMan Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Sad thing is that if the state that this accident happened in had divided lane barriers they might of survived!!!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:15 pm

I AGREE . THAT IS A TUFF WAY TO GO . BUT IF IT'S YOUR DAY THEN IT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

Post by Roman Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:51 pm

I'd rather go out like that than living all messed up for the rest of my life.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Iwas thinking the same thing last night. may be 5 seconds of hell.

Post by HandiVanMan Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Or hell for eternity if you are not living for god.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:52 pm

I think that what it was the snow on the road that actually caused the accident. I think that the driver continually hitting his brakes caused him to slide when he hit a bad spot in the road while he hit his brakes. I would also say that he was also going to fast to & as for texting I don't really know but I doubt it cause usually when people are texting they are all over the road.

Examples of texting while driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2bdRcHZ7RA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M74j8LvX6k&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Roman
    Roman

Post by Roman Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Whoa...
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:42 pm

acftually after watching teh video several times - rear wheel drive was to blame and trying to go too fast in those icy conditions i do believe.Great video posting!!
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Heres another example of a deadly accident due to horse play or stupidity on the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QozdW5t876Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content