VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Vanish
EconoUSAparts
66ThunderVan
mothradeath
tatewman
9 posters

looking for a new roll pan....anyone?

tatewman
    tatewman

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

looking for a new roll pan....anyone? Empty looking for a new roll pan....anyone?

Post by tatewman Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:26 pm

need new roll pans on 3 of my trucks...anyone make them? help....thanks in advance
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

looking for a new roll pan....anyone? Empty Re: looking for a new roll pan....anyone?

Post by mothradeath Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:23 pm

nobody makes a replacement panel for the roll pan on the econo. its one of many that sadly arent available. theres gangloads of people that offer universal ones that could very well be used....but in my opinion, if youve got the resources to do what it takes to make one of those fit to be used....you probably could fix whatever it is thats wrong with yours. hehe. some previous owner of mine must have bumped into something dead center in that fancy area around my license plate as well as fifty years of rot around the bumper holes.....so what i did was cut the whole thing off the van, beat that area into submission around the plate to damn near perfection with a hammer and dolly, then welded in two panels i had louvered removing the rot and the factory holes. then rewelded the entire area....back in. youve got options if youve got the resources. plus a junkyard donor may be another option. good luck!
    looking for a new roll pan....anyone? 269822_1880656612290_1117553856_31580999_3331826_n

Last edited by mothradeath on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

looking for a new roll pan....anyone? Empty Re: looking for a new roll pan....anyone?

Post by mothradeath Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:27 pm

heres a motherload of rollpans that could be altered to fit.
    http://store.gaugemagazine.com/rollpans.aspx
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Number of posts : 384
    Registration date : 2012-01-08

Post by 66ThunderVan Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:59 pm

I made punches and dies and formed my own. I wanted to delete the bumper bracket holes anyway. I reused as much of the original plate opening as I could.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Dennis at D and D makes them for our Econos. I had samples of the 2 styles at Bakers last year. He makes them totally smooth or with a license plate cutout in the center. I believe they were $150 and $165 respectively.
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Post by 66ThunderVan Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Hey Tim if you can find and post a link that would be very helpful. For the time I spent, on my van, $165 is a deal!looking for a new roll pan....anyone? 05020711
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Post by 66ThunderVan Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:43 pm

looking for a new roll pan....anyone? Handfa10
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:45 pm

66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Post by 66ThunderVan Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Thanks Vanish!
    kgdb
    kgdb

Number of posts : 266
    Registration date : 2009-12-03

Post by kgdb Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:17 pm

easy to make, here is mine. I am using a flip down bracket for the license plate and have my gas filler behind the plate.

looking for a new roll pan....anyone? Econo_11

kgdb
    StuNami
    StuNami

Number of posts : 437
    Registration date : 2010-12-14

Post by StuNami Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:04 am

EconoUSAparts wrote:Dennis at D and D makes them for our Econos. I had samples of the 2 styles at Bakers last year. He makes them totally smooth or with a license plate cutout in the center. I believe they were $150 and $165 respectively.

Yeah! I installed one of these last year. Great fit and a good buy.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:51 am

Stu can u post a pic of it for the good folks here please
    StuNami
    StuNami

Number of posts : 437
    Registration date : 2010-12-14

Post by StuNami Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:29 am

Here they are. I bought the smooth one from Tim.

looking for a new roll pan....anyone? 2011-022

looking for a new roll pan....anyone? 2011-023

looking for a new roll pan....anyone? 2011-024
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Looks good,thx for the pics. I still have the other one here with the license cutout in it.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:43 pm

You can contact me at dennisf@peak.org or call me at 541-760-2432 for any further info on the roll pans or accessories.
    Thanks
    Dennis
    D&D Brakes
    www,dddiscbrakes.com
    aaron75
    aaron75

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2015-04-18

Post by aaron75 Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:12 pm

Not to dig up a dead post but is there someone else runnin DD? Someone by the name of Tanner? I tried to order a roll pan which he says he has but he is impossible to deal with! He finally told me what shipping was and I reassured him I wanted it but never heard back....
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:00 pm

Yes, Tanner is Bill's son. Bill owns the fab shop. Tanner works full time and reportedly has been having a tough time keeping up the D and D side business. I've talked with him but apparently nothings changed.
    aaron75
    aaron75

Post by aaron75 Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:09 pm

Ok man thanks. I feel like Im waving $20s at him but he hates me lol. That sucks
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:48 pm

He's just having a hard time doing both. When Dennis and/or Dean owned it, it ran much smoother.
    Das Boot
    Das Boot

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2013-01-29

Post by Das Boot Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:29 pm

FWIW, I cut a cross section of what was left of my roll pan and had a local fab shop make one - five feet in length total. It only cost me $80. Turns out the guy knew exactly what it came from. I was a surprised because of the size of their operation, but overgrown in brush on their property were 3 Econoline pickups. Had no one told you they were there, it just looked like a big pile of brush.
    aaron75
    aaron75

Post by aaron75 Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:39 am

I'd love to of gotten my hands on one of those pickups lol. But anyway thanks for the advice and info.
    aaron75
    aaron75

Post by aaron75 Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:41 am

But I still don't get why he wouldnt sell the part if he has it. Id of cut him the Paypal money right then lolol
    aaron75
    aaron75

Post by aaron75 Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:00 pm

Ok I just got a response.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 7:17 pm