VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
G-Man
RodStRace
billo
chester42
virtual
9 posters

Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida

virtual
    virtual

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida Empty Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida

Post by virtual Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Just noticed that there is no mention of the biggest event in vanning here in North America in the winter. There will be upwards of 300 vanners at this event and there will be a van show on the Saturday with over 20 awards to be given out. So if you are in the area go and check it out. Full details here :
    http://www.councilofcouncils.com/
    chester42
    chester42

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida Empty Re: Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida

Post by chester42 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:09 pm

I will be there on Saturday !
    billo
    billo

Number of posts : 274
    Registration date : 2008-11-03

Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida Empty Re: Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida

Post by billo Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:45 pm

You are going to miss the seminars and the PJ party on friday !
    chester42
    chester42

Post by chester42 Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:08 pm

Been waiting for this doctors appointment Friday afternoon to long to cancel again. We hope some one will fill us in on this site as to all the activities. I plan to drive down Saturday AM. About 80 mile drive.
    billo
    billo

Post by billo Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:20 pm

chester42 wrote: We hope some one will fill us in on this site as to all the activities.

All of the info is on their web site

http://www.councilofcouncils.com/

Click on the Schedule of events button.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Not to poo on this event, but 300 vans?
    I remember the one they held last year in LA and it looked like they got around 50-80 vans tops...
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Rod on this end of the county I'm sure it will be way more than 50 vans, not sure on the 300.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Glad to hear that. I missed the LA meeting, but after I saw the posts on it, was relieved I didn't make the effort. Good to hear that it should be better out there!
    billo
    billo

Post by billo Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:38 pm

NO I wouldn't expect more than 50 vans. A large gathering of vans is not what this meet is all about. It is the Council of all Van clubs Councils meeting. Most of the attendees are from the mid-west and east coast, who have their vans all put up in storage for the winter. Really sorry you didn't make the effort Rod, because you missed the opportunity to spend 3 days with actual vanners from all over the country. The only gathering where you can find more knowledge about vans and vanning is at the Nats. And yes we only had about 50 vans in the show in LA last year. That show is set up as part of the Nats Board seminar on how to be a judge for the Van show at the Nationals. Taking the seminar you become a certified Nats Show judge. Certifying judges allows for more Constancy in the judging and awarding of trophies at the Nats. Also you missed a whole lot of parting !!!! Very Happy
    billo
    billo

Post by billo Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:47 am

Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida PICT0006

Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida PICT0007
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:53 am

Thanks billo for the pic's. The show is today right??? Look forward to more
    virtual
    virtual

Post by virtual Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:59 pm

The show was today. there are pictures on Facebook now and eventually we'll see some that we can link for non FB users.

The original comment was 300 vanners, not 300 vans Smile.

As for Rod's comment "I missed the LA meeting, but after I saw the posts on it, was relieved I didn't make the effort." I'm not sure what to say. A lot of work goes into putting together these shows, just ask G-Man. If we don't make the effort to support these local shows then we all lose.

The 2013 CofC will be in Mansfield Massachusetts. It'll be a bit too cold and wintery to do a show there but we'll likely see a van or two in the hotel lobby.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:21 pm

I agree we all have to support any and all shows we can, keeps us in the public eye and brings new vanners to save these old girls. As for putting on a show it is alot of work. I just started working on the Baker's show and It's not till June
    virtual
    virtual

Post by virtual Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:37 am

My apologies to Rod. I've been to Chino and Chino Valley California, places I would consider local. He lives in Arizona (might be a good thing to add an AZ to his profile).
    However the not making an effort to go still hurts when a number of members here put so much time and effort into this event and we had vanners drive their vans in from Florida, Ohio and the Pacific Northwest for this.

It's hard to fathom that a show like this only had 68 vans on the premises when vanning pretty much started in California. But that's the reality that we are trying hard to change. Wheels of Confusion has done a phenomenal job likely doubling their membership in the past few years. We caught the eye of Hot Rod during the CofC last year, they ran coverage of the show in their July issue as did Ride Magazine and it showed up on their websites as well as Truckin's. They also made a fuss about a number of Wheels vans showing up at one of their cruises recently. Next time we go to California for the Cofc, possibly in 2015 I'm hoping they we get over 100 vans in the show.
    billo
    billo

Post by billo Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Are you all cold ?
    Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida PICT0021

Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida A7
    chester42
    chester42

Post by chester42 Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:10 am

Here is the earlies on the breakers. Our red 64 won the best of show. Great time here in sunny Florida as usual.

Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida Gedc0510Council of Councils Feb 3-5 St Petersburg Florida Gedc0511
    virtual
    virtual

Post by virtual Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 am

Congratulations Chester, you had some tough competition there. Very nice display of early Chevies.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8759
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:09 pm

were was and when was the photo taken.??far right back row is R.V. he was @ the nats last year. he did one hell of a burn out there.@ the show..
    chester42
    chester42

Post by chester42 Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:18 pm

It was RV at this council at St. Petersburgh, FL. Feb.3rd 4th & 5th. No burn out at this one, but did see the vidio clip of last years nats. He did get his ride painted and looks sharp.

LiveWire64
    LiveWire64

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by LiveWire64 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:42 pm

RodStRace wrote:Glad to hear that. I missed the LA meeting, but after I saw the posts on it, was relieved I didn't make the effort. Good to hear that it should be better out there!

^Spoken like a true van owner.^
    This years event was a blast. Lots of great vanner's and their vans. The van show was awesome! Lots of earlies with the GM models making a great showing.
    RV's early sounded wild and I heard from Matchstick that is hauls butt! Lots of horsepower in a few of the other vans in the show.
    Big thanks to the Florida Van Council and everyone that helped put the event on. Also thanks to each and everyone of you that participated.Hope to see everyone at next years Councils in New England. Brad

To my Council pictures
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Good pics Brad,thx for posting them.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks for the pics. That looks like a great time. Are plan is to head south in the summer of 2014 and go to some events and meet up with some wonderful vanners and check out the vans and trucks. Can't waite.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:40 am