VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Bored......

mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Bored...... Empty Bored......

Post by mbasaraba Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:52 am

Have to say that this job is getting mighty boring.

Even thought I can surf the net, play my Pandora station, play games on my laptop, text with my phone, design CAD for custom parts, I am sure getting bored with the day to day of the same thing.

As a single man I would have said screw this and walked away. Married, 4 kids (ages 6-16) it is almost impossible, especially with the money I make here. Now if I could set up a few of these machines in the back shop and pull one of my cars or something in the shop to work on as I had the machines running, that would be awesome. As it is, I load a part, hit go, and sit for an hour.

All I keep thinking is.... 12 years to go...

Lol

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Bored...... Empty Re: Bored......

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:09 am

HaHa - I was the same @ your age!! Just didnt have the family you actually are Blessed with!! Youre in alabama- remember - when handed lemons- in alabama? = Make Moonshine!! Youre being bored?- Be Happy for that job- get to sit an hour & relax- just doing what makes you a great living. That time will give you countless hours to plan any projects you want and really enjoy some of the topics & brainy types here in our forums. After all - You could be like me - too cold outside to do anything- so =Housebound!! HeHe - yet not for long - just 5 months to go!!! Yeaaaaaaaaa!!
    mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Post by mbasaraba Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:22 am

Dont get me wrong, I am glad I have A job, I have been working since I have old enough to walk, grew up on a huge farm in North Dakota. There was always pig houses and grain bins to clean before I was allowed on a tractor.

You know when you go to Career day and the counselor says "You must go to college or you will have a meaningless job for the rest of your life" I laughed at her and was told I would be digging ditches for a living.

So this coming summer is 20 years I graduated. I am 1500 miles from that small town in North Dakota, where it is actually warmer that 20 below zero in the winters and I can work in my shop without a second job to heat it. I am the Senior Programming Engineer and Assistant Quality Manage for a top Aerospace R & D 5 Axis machining facility. Big house, cars, toys, kids, hot wife, blah blah blah. That wench is still in that town of 900 people, making 20% what I make, and guess what, no college here.

Think of Projects? Lord, if I think anymore up I will be finding a new wife. Lol. She gets all freaked out when I come up with some new project and then spend a bunch of money to get it going. I will have to post pictures of the full body patio swing I designed and made a dozen of. Even though I made out money wise after building and selling them, she is still a protagonist when ever I come up with a new project to work on. Its infuriating.

And so I sit here... Space X is building a new space vehicle and I am on the fore front of the R & D for it and its pretty cool, but its the same thing really. I worked on shuttle projects, F22 Raptor, F35, and many chopper designs with Sikorsky. Wish I was back in the days of hands on assembly and welding, and out of administrative or engineering lead roles.

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:27 am

I also I'm bored today, my cleaning van is being worked on and I'm struck home all day. Whenever I don't have something to drive I feel trapped
    mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Post by mbasaraba Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:53 am

This is the Queen sized I made. I didnt have a queen mattress, so I set my full size on there to try it out. Ahhh so comfy, full recline, love it.

Bored...... Swing11

Here is the first swing we made. It wasnt a reclining seat but was just the right side for the wife and I to sit together.

Bored...... Smalls10

We had seen a lay down patio swing at a pool and patio place but they were like $1200 and same when we looked online. They were cheaply made and not very comfortable. I think we did a pretty good job and we sold a dozen of them to others to pay for project start.

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:04 pm

What a Face

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:20 pm