VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Calling All Earlys !!!

Calling All Earlys !!! Empty Calling All Earlys !!!

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:09 pm

I'm having a hard time locating a transmission mount for my 1963 Ford Econoline. I have a manual trans with a 170 c.i. motor. The problem is the mount is donut shape and all the part houses show the mount as a flat union mount. It also seems, there is a few Engine mount design. Some for Auto Trans, or Right and Left, and universal. I"m sure I need the universal one. Anyone out there has a part numbers or where to get these engine and Transmisson mounts. My eyes have been burning for the past three days on this computer trying to order these parts.

Much Appreciated,

Ken

P.S. Has anyone ever seen a rear heater box that mounts on the rear of the doghouse. I have one, I think, Its sitting in a box in the back of my Van. Also, what Engineer designed turn signals to fit on the nose just below the windshield. I thought they had duel filaments on the lower turn signal. Ooops I only have one filament. maybe thats why..
    gh0st
    gh0st

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2011-07-25

Calling All Earlys !!! Empty Re: Calling All Earlys !!!

Post by gh0st Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:19 am

check out this link someone sent me, as i just went through the same thing:

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t14939-62-tranny-mount?highlight=trans+mount

ps- when you take out the old mount, be careful and don't break the tailshaft housing!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:05 pm