VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Gen warning light comes on when brakes pressed HARD.

eldo
    eldo

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2011-09-20

Gen warning light comes on when brakes pressed HARD. Empty Gen warning light comes on when brakes pressed HARD.

Post by eldo Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:29 pm

My GEN warning light comes on when I press hard on the brake pedal. It does not seem to coincide with the brake lights at all, and battery is charging properly as well... Could I be pinching a wire or something? It would seem to me that if the brake light draw was too much for the charging system, the GEN warning light would come on with the brake lights, but it does'nt, only when i press HARD on the pedal... Any Ideas?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Gen warning light comes on when brakes pressed HARD. Empty Re: Gen warning light comes on when brakes pressed HARD.

Post by donivan65 Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Sounds like the RPMs on the engine are dropping and slowing down the alternator causing the voltage regulator to put the light on,,,,,so,,,,,,do the same stop, only give it some gas to speed up the engine and let us know if the light still comes on,,,,,
    Rayallen
    Rayallen

Number of posts : 648
    Registration date : 2011-06-27

Gen warning light comes on when brakes pressed HARD. Empty Re: Gen warning light comes on when brakes pressed HARD.

Post by Rayallen Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:34 am

my ford does the same thing, as soon as I even start to slow down to a almost complete stop my light comes on. Rev the van and it goes off. Its normal. My van still has the old gen to which I can not wait to replace with a good 1wire alt.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:20 am

Pssst, Ray,,,,,

Gen warning light comes on when brakes pressed HARD. 3rd_ge14

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:38 am