VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Nice Chevy Van Wanted

Nice Chevy Van  Wanted Empty Nice Chevy Van Wanted

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:32 am

I've been looking for a van to haul our bicycles around in. I was considering a newer minivan but saw a vintage van for sale and stopped to look at it. Needed too much work for me to consider, but it got me thinking. I was a telephone man for 30 years and drove all kinds of vans. The early vans were the best! So I looking for a van that my wife and I can have fun with. I'm not looking for a project. I saw one Gen2 on carsonline that "looked" good. Not a lot of pics or info. Left a message on the posted phone number. Then I found this site. I've learned a ton in just a few hours.

But I'm llooking for a van with no rust, good paint and good mechanicals. It doesn't need to be show quality but something I can be proud of. I'm going to drive and use it. Mostly day trips with the wife and bikes in the back. She's allowed up front only if she keeps her feet off the dash LOL. But I have not seen a lot of prices, so I am unsure what a van in this condition will cost. i hope the gents here can steer me in the right direction. Asyou can see, I'm new to this forum. But I've logged a lot of miles in vans and am no stranger to repairing my vehicles. I ca tell the difference between a vacuum advance spring and a valve spring. LOL. So, where do I start?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Nice Chevy Van  Wanted Empty Re: Nice Chevy Van Wanted

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:04 am

Body with a early van is always the key, finding a good one in MI will be harder (where in MI) to get the best body you may have to travel. Not that you can't find good ones in MI it just harder. Keep a eye out in the for sale section and we'll find you one. Welcome to the site!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:44 am

I don't mind a bit of travel for the right one. I am sure we will find one. But it doesn't have to be a Chevy, allthough I know Chevys best. I harbor no ill will toward Ford and Dodge (that won't get be banned, will it?)
    Thanks for all the posts in the for sale sections.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:49 am

This will make your search much easier, there have been a lot of listings in the Cleveland area lately some nice looking vans pretty close to home. Go to your profile and put in your location in MI. Your may have a vanner very close to you
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:09 pm

heres a nice Ford not far from MI
    http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/2544615526.html

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 am

I looked at the Falcon and it needs more work than I have time to do. Realistically, will 5K get you much? In your experiences what will a restored van go for? Again, not show quality. I saw that green and white Dodge for $20K. Will he get that?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:22 am

If you buying one of these to make money you won't for the most part if at all. $5000 should get a nice van. Don't see many bring 20K

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:31 am

I'm not looking to make money. I'd like to use it. I realize there will be upkeep to keep it tip-top shape. I'm looking forward to that actually. I'd just like to start with one in great shape. LOL If I take on a project, my bride will kill me. I just finished a house remodel and I've been ordered to relax...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:54 am