VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Please help ~ Looking to find history of my 1964 G10

Big Dog
    Big Dog

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2011-08-22

Please help ~ Looking to find history of my 1964 G10 Empty Please help ~ Looking to find history of my 1964 G10

Post by Big Dog Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Hey all.

I have been busy reading and looking through the gallery and wow... love the vans I see.

I want to find out some history on my 1964 G10 but all I can find is a simple chart on how to read VINS. Does anyone know of any good sites that might at least tell me where this van has been registered over the years?

Someone really loved this old girl and I would like to know who customized it.

The roof is chopped 6 inches over the cab with a small window joining where it meets, the 6 is gone and a 327 is in the dog house. The doors are all shaved and the rear lights are frenched. The front is totally custom (although I like the round lights better) and the inside...well there is not much room for me...lol. It is totally stripped inside except the two front seats, but the tunnel for the rad has been taken all the way to front wall leaving little leg room for a 6 foot 6, 350 lb guy. Back of the van inside is all just rhino lined and it is set up to haul 2 motorcycles with a front wheel rack behind each seat.

If you have seen it, or know anything about it, please pass on the stories, photos, names. I have waited many years to have a real "HotWheels" (as my wife calls it) and I now consider it part of the family...If its walls could only talk..

Photos coming as soon as my account lets me link them (6 more days)

Cheers,
    Big Dog!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Please help ~ Looking to find history of my 1964 G10 Empty Re: Please help ~ Looking to find history of my 1964 G10

Post by G-Man Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:28 pm

What I know about your van is it has change hands a few times over the years and looks now it has found it's true home.

Since your interior isn't finished maybe what you should do is redesign your tunnel to give you more foot room. This is the time to do it before you start your interior.

We all can see the chop, but are there any other mods that have been done to it??? Like gullwing doors???
    jeepwrench
    jeepwrench

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2010-02-02

Please help ~ Looking to find history of my 1964 G10 Empty Re: Please help ~ Looking to find history of my 1964 G10

Post by jeepwrench Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:49 pm

One of the previous owners of your van is JimSibley over on the jalopyjournal.com in the H.A.M.B. aka hokey ass message board. There is a subject on 60's vans and he had a pic of your van and stated he used to own it. Contact him and see if he can help with the history lesson. Van-on!

P.S. BTW if you don't like your van anymore, I'll pm you my address where to ship it! j/k (no i'm not)
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:53 pm

[i]hey Big dog where are u exactly in BC?? close to me maybe>??
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

Post by Roman Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:53 pm

I don't know the guy who used to own it, but I'm sure he liked "speed", speed and bong rips!
    Big Dog
    Big Dog

Post by Big Dog Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:35 pm

jeepwrench... Thank you very much. I have an email off to him now to see if he is still around and to find out what he knows about it.

The van is now family so no dice by the way... although I could be talked into parting with my 1966 Galaxie 500 XL 2 dr fastback... (wife say 1 toy only)She will be mad if she goes out to the shop when the new frame for it comes...lol

Twinpilot001... I am in the sunny Okanagan in a town called Vernon about 6 hours north of you.
    Big Dog
    Big Dog

Post by Big Dog Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Turns out one of the owners was Jim Sibley from Sibs Hot Rod... He passed on this for info. Thanks again for the heads up on a previous owner...

That van was built years ago by a very well known metal man from San Diego, Ca. His name is Chris Thompson. He is the same guy that built the black and red 35 ford 3w. coupe that was a cover car for streetrodder. He also built the car that one the 50 years of the 55 chevy show in detriot. That van had a worn out 283 in it when I sold it. It did have a nice 12 bolt posi rear with 3.73 gears and a built up turbo 400. I painted the van when I was just a kid, but all of the custom work was done by Chris in the 70s.
    jeepwrench
    jeepwrench

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2010-02-02

Post by jeepwrench Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:39 am

There you go! Glad I could be of ASSistance.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:48 am

How about some pics of this van in & out??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:03 am