VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
RodStRace
G-Man
6 posters

what mopar vehicles have compatible parts for the a100s

what mopar vehicles have compatible parts for the a100s Empty what mopar vehicles have compatible parts for the a100s

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:27 pm

i have an idea a plymouth satelite wagon has some stuff i need but want a larger list to check when i hit up wrecking yards
    finally have straightened out password snafu
    says last time i logged in was oct 2010
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

what mopar vehicles have compatible parts for the a100s Empty Re: what mopar vehicles have compatible parts for the a100s

Post by G-Man Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:25 pm

glad to have you back!!!!
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

what mopar vehicles have compatible parts for the a100s Empty Re: what mopar vehicles have compatible parts for the a100s

Post by RodStRace Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:27 pm

What year wagon?
    Wheels for sure, maybe some brake parts, although doubtful.
    Engine and parts of the transmission (different rear housing and shaft), bulbs, voltage regulator, ballast resistor. Starter and other engine acessories, although most cars mounted the /6 alt on the passenger side.
    Stuff that will NOT interchange are
    interior parts, exterior parts, glass, suspension parts, radiator, trim and handles, driveshaft, rear axle (3rd member will if it's also a 8.75), front suspension and steering, probably the rear springs, fuel tank.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52 am

We used some window mechanism parts off my 66a parts rig to refurbish some stuff in my bros 59 truck, you might not find whole assemblys that will be a direct replacement but the small parts that make up stuff like window regulators and door latches might work if really needed. Thats all trial and error tho.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8726
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:40 pm

valiant. have some 68/69 cuda v8 engine mount for the motor mount.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:14 pm

RodStRace wrote:What year wagon?
    Wheels for sure, maybe some brake parts, although doubtful.
    Engine and parts of the transmission (different rear housing and shaft), bulbs, voltage regulator, ballast resistor. Starter and other engine acessories, although most cars mounted the /6 alt on the passenger side.
    Stuff that will NOT interchange are
    interior parts, exterior parts, glass, suspension parts, radiator, trim and handles, driveshaft, rear axle (3rd member will if it's also a 8.75), front suspension and steering, probably the rear springs, fuel tank.
    stuff that will Not interchange are
    i take it youve tried
    j/k
    what would be difference if rear dif. is not a 8 3/4 ? width, spring perches, what?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:15 pm

erbfreak wrote:i have an idea a plymouth satelite wagon has some stuff i need but want a larger list to check when i hit up wrecking yards
    finally have straightened out password snafu
    says last time i logged in was oct 2010
    allthough im always lurkin
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148

Post by jkr Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:23 pm

a,b,c, bodies had an assortment of different housings for rear differentials but the center section would work in any one of them. they had a casting number on the pinion snout ending with either 741,742, or the biggest and toughest of the bunch 842 case. and rear diff with numbers ending in 842 was quite possibly a posi unit as well. they were different widths for sure and some were top loaded on the springs and others under the spring. most engine parts are useable and transmission internals (automatic) but the rest is a guess. front axle was similar in looks from 5 feet away to d-series trucks but was a different axle .
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:09 pm

All the As had an 8.75 or 8 3/4 (same thing), but as mentioned different vehicles have different widths, meaning the housings and axles are different.
    They are also Spring Over on the vans, Spring Under on cars, including wagons. Spring perches would be different widths too. The center section (pumpkin, hogshead, diff) will swap. Grab the adjuster on the right axle too. Those parts are not reproduced.
    Every Mopar car from 62 up has independent front suspension and a different steering setup. Nothing will swap. The front outside handles are shared with 64 darts, inside handles with D trucks, so that pretty much knocks out wagons.
    Each car has a unique fuel tank designed to fit, so that also knocks out wagons to vans.
    The A-100 seats are unique to them and the special factory race cars that grabbed them due to light weight. That's why they cost so much, you are bidding against guys building Hemi Darts and Belvederes. No Wagons used them.
    All the controls (gas, brakes, steering) are special to the vans, so those won't swap.
    Obviously, the rest of the interior and exterior are different, so that stuff won't swap.
    I haven't tried this stuff and don't have a Hollander's interchange handy, this is just off the top of my head stuff. Wink
    What year and model wagon is it?
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 738
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Post by kiwimopar Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 pm

I used some new door hinge pins and bushes that were advertised on fleabay for various Dodge & Plymouth cars - a consumable item - just check the length before buying.

Speedometer drives are the same as cars - obvious to some people, but when you change tyre sizes, you need to alter the speedo drive.

Interior dome light lens is the same as the cars - need 2 per truck - expensive new as well.... Shocked

Also some of the special spring clips attached to the internals of the door handles and locks are the same as cars - once again, check first, but I used some.

Hope that helps.
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148

Post by jkr Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:02 pm

WHEN I DID THE PAINT ON MY TRUCK I NEEDED NEW PINS FOR THE HINGES BUT THE LARGER DIAMETER HEAD WAS NOT AVALIABLE. SO I IMPROVISED BY DRILLING OUT THE EXSISTING HOLE IN ALL THREE PLACES AND PRESSED A CAST VALVE GUIDE IN THE ENLARGED HOLE. CUT TO FIT ALL SPOTS. THEN YOU CLEAN UP THE OLD PIN DRILL OUT THE VALVE GUIDE YOU JUST PRESSED IN AND YOU HAVE PINS OF CORRECT HEAD DIAMETER AND NEW TIGHT HINGES ON THE DOORS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 am