VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
G-Man
EconoCarl
WhiteDove63
MikeShums
8 posters

My '64 Travel Wagon with its new falcon interior

MikeShums
    MikeShums

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

My '64 Travel Wagon with its new falcon interior Empty My '64 Travel Wagon with its new falcon interior

Post by MikeShums Tue May 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Matt was looking for some pics and I also realized that Tim and Fred have not seen pictures of this since it was done. got the T-wagon a few years ago in CT and then bought the interior bits from Tim last year. Fred schlepped them back from Carlisle and then helped me (showed me) where it all went last summer/fall. Over the winter I took an auto paint class at the local voc-tech and cleaned up and painted interior falcon moulding and tried to get it the same color as the van. I missed, but I'll have to learn how to match paint later.

Hope you can see and then enjoy the pics. This summers project is to shine up the pop-top aluminum. Using gord's polish now, but this may take a while... Smile

https://picasaweb.google.com/mikeshums/EconolineBest?authkey=Gv1sRgCKvYrdH7x5TK3wE&feat=directlink

Mike in Mass

Last edited by MikeShums on Wed May 25, 2011 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    WhiteDove63

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

My '64 Travel Wagon with its new falcon interior Empty Re: My '64 Travel Wagon with its new falcon interior

Post by WhiteDove63 Tue May 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Love those pics Mike...two questions: Where did you get those West Coast mirrors and what kind are they? Also, how is that canopy rigged up? Is it on a roller on the roof of the inside of the van just inside the doors? Or is it something that you unfold and just snap onto the outside of the van?
    MikeShums
    MikeShums

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

My '64 Travel Wagon with its new falcon interior Empty Re: My '64 Travel Wagon with its new falcon interior

Post by MikeShums Tue May 24, 2011 2:53 pm

I added this pic to the album to show how the "add-a-room" fastens to the truck. On the canopy there is a hard edge to it that slips into this channel that is fastened just above the roof like. Also, there are side walls that snap on to the canopy to make this whole thing a tent. it's pretty intense. Smile

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_c8lheL9pu5o/TdwnY4oYGLI/AAAAAAAAB-0/8R_vGrtWB3U/s640/IMG_1237.JPG

The west coast mirrors were on it when I got it. It looks like someone used body filler on the backs of them or something. So they don't look like regular west coasts on the back, and are starting to bubble/rust etc. they'll need a re-do in a couple years.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Tue May 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Lookin' good Mike!

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Wow, I really want those interior side panels!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue May 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Most of those stock panels didn't make it over the years , great looking stock interior
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue May 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Sweet interior Mike! Ha-ha. It sure does make a difference doesnt it. I ve got another set just like it coming to Carlisle this year for a guy in Pa.
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Tue May 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Looks really nice, Im a rookie around here but that is one nice complete econo conversion if Ive ever seen one..
    wildbillinva

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-02-26

Post by wildbillinva Wed May 25, 2011 2:04 am

very nice!
    wildbillinva
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed May 25, 2011 6:35 am

Looking great Mike! Best detailed pic's I've seen of a pop-up! Thx...

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

My '64 Travel Wagon with its new falcon interior Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:22 am